Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are strikers (well one) in our current squad worse than Niasse.
To be fair to niasse, while he lacked skill, he made up for that in how hard he worked. He clearly had awareness of the game as he got himself into positions. And he capped that off with some goals, and some decent goals (some ridiculous goals as well).

Rondon hasn't been able to do any of the above really.

To be fair to niasse, while he lacked skill, he made up for that in how hard he worked. He clearly had awareness of the game as he got himself into positions. And he capped that off with some goals, and some decent goals (some ridiculous goals as well).

Rondon hasn't been able to do any of the above really.

I remember that back heel volley that hit the crossbar in pre-season of his one time. Haven’t been able to find it since.

My initial thought reading that was “yeah but I’m not absolutely clueless”.

Catching myself, I can see exactly you mean. Everyone will always inflate their own sense of expertise if it’s something they’re passionate about, Moshiri included. We’re all certain we would do better and follow what makes sense, but we might not.
Yes exactly.. he should keep his nose out and leave it to the experts (he tried with Brands but ultimately couldn’t help himself) but I think any of us in his position would find it difficult to keep our noses out (especially if we were writing the cheques), it’s human nature. Maybe the board need to be stronger?.. though I guess he’d just sack them?

Hey Dave enlighten me, outside of the Rom signing which was a fortuitous fluke. name me one quality signing long term that Roberto made, barry and McCarthy dont count because their quality significantly declined after one season.
lol lol lol

He only made 15 significant signings while here (signings for the first team and excluding deputy GKs).

Lukaku
Barry
McCarthy
Deulofeu
Eto'o

...all quality

He also brought in Holgate and Cleverley for next to nothing and they were decent in their time here.

So, spending a fraction of what was available to Koeman and Silva, he had aboiut a 50% succcess rate in signing players that could do a job here.

If that had been replicated over the last 6 disastrous years since Moshiri arrived we'd be in a very different position than we are today.

The thing about satire is that there has to be an element of truth in it for it to be funny. There is none here.

Far be it from me to defend this club, but what element of reality is included there? There's been no "updates" from the club on managerial options - that's been generated by the idiot profession Squires is part and parcel of.

He's lost the plot there.

Reactions: kev
lol lol lol

He only made 15 significant signings while here (signings for the first team and excluding deputy GKs).

Lukaku
Barry
McCarthy
Deulofeu
Eto'o

...all quality

He also brought in Holgate and Cleverley for next to nothing and they were decent in their time here.

So, spending a fraction of what was available to Koeman and Silva, he had aboiut a 50% succcess rate in signing players that could do a job here.

If that had been replicated over the last 6 disastrous years since Moshiri arrived we'd be in a very different position than we are today.

He brought in over 20 and the vast majority utter tosh. If you claim Geri was a good signing because of a hot loan spell you can levy the same at Gomes. His transfer record in general was as bad as anything since.

He brought in over 20 and the vast majority utter tosh. If you claim Geri was a good signing because of a hot loan spell you can levy the same at Gomes. His transfer record in general was as bad as anything since.
Dont be daft. The types of signings like Stanek, Byrne, Hunt, Henin etc were the types of players that Moyes littered the club with before Martinez arrived - players bought for a hundred or two hundred grand as a punt to throw into the U23s and see if they cut muster - and no one holds them to account for Moyes' transfer history.

The thing about satire is that there has to be an element of truth in it for it to be funny. There is none here.

Far be it from me to defend this club, but what element of reality is included there? There's been no "updates" from the club on managerial options - that's been generated by the idiot profession Squires is part and parcel of.

Strange because that seems to be all you’ve done since the appointment of Benitez really. You’ve just got really upset about a joke cartoon making fun of Moshiri.

Dont be daft. The types of signings like Stanek, Byrne, Hunt, Henin etc were the types of players that Moyes littered the club with before Martinez arrived - players bought for a hundred or two hundred grand as a punt to throw into the U23s and see if they cut muster - and no one holds them to account for Moyes' transfer history.

I wasn’t including players for the academy. You just can’t add up. I’ll write a list later when I’m on my computer and we can all have a good laugh.

Don't be so precious!

Squires is a cartoonist. That's like having a go at the tea lady at Finch Farm for us not being able to defend corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.