Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Lampard?

He Failed to get a good Derby team promoted with help of Chelsea loans finished in the top 4 first season at Chelsea wow massive achievement i don't care about the transfer ban they have ridiculous depth 2nd season given 200m plus gets sacked midtable amazing CV that is

He also made strange decisions like not playing Rudiger isn't he their best cb now linked with the best clubs in the world?

Tuchel showed how poor he was within 2 months Lampard isn't the answer

I honestly can’t understand peoples obsession with Ferguson ..

From what I've read, the general consensus is fans want Ferguson until the end of the season only. I think most see him as providing stability (even though we're very unstable lol). Giving this team completely different concepts to grasp (which would definitely happen if went for someone like Potter, Kovac, Fonseca, Favre, etc) probably isn't the best idea mid-season. That's my take anyway.

Maybe we should be concentrating on the 'how' of the selection process, rather than the 'who'. Whatever methods and criteria we've been using are clearly not fit for purpose. Personally, I'd have Ferguson any Rooney fighting it out for the job, using only weapons you'd find in a bar (chairs, bottles , cheese & onion crisps). While I'm far from convinced that either is the man for the job, at least the selection process would be entertaining, which is more that you can say for the footy for years and years.

We need a manager that doesn't just concede possession of a football and sit back whilst they pass it about. We want a team who get in the faces of opposition and actual know they are in a game. We need to make Goodison a fortress again. Teams see 3 points when they come to Goodison nowadays. We need to be intense with quick purposeful attacking football.
We dont have the players for quick, intense football. teams like Villa and West Ham have squads that are so much better, with quality, expensive players. What do we have? Richarlisson and maybe Pickford. The rest is not good enough for swashbuckling fast passing football. We need a coach that makes us a compact and well organised defensive fortress and build from there until ffp gives us more air. We still need to jettison several big buck players like Keane, Iwobi, etc.

We dont have the players for quick, intense football. teams like Villa and West Ham have squads that are so much better, with quality, expensive players. What do we have? Richarlisson and maybe Pickford. The rest is not good enough for swashbuckling fast passing football. We need a coach that makes us a compact and well organised defensive fortress and build from there until ffp gives us more air. We still need to jettison several big buck players like Keane, Iwobi, etc.
Gordon, DCL and Gray can play fast football. Our midfield awful that the problem

I want someone whose reputation is based on their ability as a solid coach who can improve players. Not what they won as a player or manager more than 15 years ago. Perhaps someone currently working in the EFL or abroad who would jump at the opportunity in the summer. If we're promoting from within maybe Paul Tait could do a job for the rest of the season.

Even then, the whole club still needs restructuring

Why Lampard?

He Failed to get a good Derby team promoted with help of Chelsea loans finished in the top 4 first season at Chelsea wow massive achievement i don't care about the transfer ban they have ridiculous depth 2nd season given 200m plus gets sacked midtable amazing CV that is

He also made strange decisions like not playing Rudiger isn't he their best cb now linked with the best clubs in the world?

Agree, proper weird shout the Lampard one

Why Lampard?

He’s ‘young and progressive’ though, apparently, which means the actual reality of what he’s achieved in his career is irrelevant.

We need a manager that doesn't just concede possession of a football and sit back whilst they pass it about. We want a team who get in the faces of opposition and actual know they are in a game. We need to make Goodison a fortress again. Teams see 3 points when they come to Goodison nowadays. We need to be intense with quick purposeful attacking football.

This winds me up. We hardly have the ball and then when we do. We lose it by defence launching it or players making stupid passes cos they have no easy options. Is this a tactic or just crap footballers

Personally I think anyone suggesting a potential candidate with the surname Ancelotti needs to give their head a wobble. Short memories. Until the end of the season a Rooney/Ferguson combo will do what they have to do and keep us up. Start the longer term planning from now. Potter is the name.

Not sure Wayne Rooney is actually doing a great job at Derby, without the points deduction they'd be 10th on 35 points some way off Marco Silva's Fulham top on 51 points and would we have Silva back.

I'm not for Rooney but have you seen their squad? And transfer embargo.

Status
Not open for further replies.