Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: who takes training this week if the club are waiting to make a decision on Martinez? Any reputable club must have someone in place.

This is why I think that Dunc has already got the job for the Villa game. The club will then reassess over the international break, which I gather Martinez won't be managing Belgium for.

How long until fans are booing the next manager? Has there even been a manager in the last twenty years who has not had the toxicity that exists with the fans.

I agree with Rafael on one thing that managing the club to any form of success is going to take years of clearing the deadwood, changing attitudes and unfortunately the fans won't have patience for it.

The cycle will repeat and repeat.
It is possible though to mix stability with slow but identifiable progress. Fans will get behind the manager and team when they see progress season on season. Trophies aren't on the agenda at all.

It's a collection of smaller things. Seeing a degree of consistency of team selection, tactics, shape. The players motivated and fighting for the team and the fans not occasionally but always. Progressive, targeted, logical signings. Less unforced errors. A desire to at least try to be positive and engage our opponents. Honest and open communication.

What's annoying is Roberto talks as if he's a tactical wizard but the evidence of his managerial career suggest he's actually pretty terrible. He's consistently underperformed the talent level of his players.
I think there is more to Roberto then what is visible, i think he needs time to build his own team and philosophy. Better then Rooney and Lampard in my view.

To be fair, Benitez had fans on his back, had a terrible team and loads of injuries etc etc.

Still had a better record than Rooney at Derby.

Easy to make excuses.

Think about it. If Wayne Rooney wasn't a Scouser/Evertonian - he wouldn't even be up for debate.
I'd be going for Potter personally but situation Rooney is managing in is far worse than Beneathus had here, plus he's a young manager in his first job.

Who was that French manager lots of people wanted us to get a season or 2 ago ? I cant remember if he was a popular option to replace Silva or Ancelotti. Not seen his name mentioned, probably because I cant remember what his name is...

From memory I think Zat had a turbo boner for him

Who was that French manager lots of people wanted us to get a season or 2 ago ? I cant remember if he was a popular option to replace Silva or Ancelotti. Not seen his name mentioned, probably because I cant remember what his name is...

Galtier. And no, he won't leave Nice for us.

Moshiri and this Board would probably go after Pepe Le Pew....

I know that we all have different ideas on who our next manager should be. And I know who I would like to see have a go. A Rooney & Ferguson combination. Who knows. Nobody knows how that would pan out.
But it doesn't really matter to me anyhow. All that matters is that Everton FC start winning football matches. Start climbing this league.

Benetiz was useless. In my time supporting this club. About 55 years. I've seen some awful football from Everton. Witnessed some very poor losing streaks. But then we snap out of the losing habit. And win a few matches. Stay safe. Famously a few times by the skin of our teeth. But I fear that Beneti z would have taken us down.

People go on about how poor Bingham and Walker were. Smith was also awful. Moyes had some awful defeats And poor runs.. Even our great managers had poor runs of form. Catterick and Kendal.
And recent managers have not been great.
But this guy Benetiz was the worst. This current run of bad form is unprecedented. It's awful.
And did anyone think that Benetiz would inspire this team to beat Villa next week. Bet he still would have churned out Coleman.....Keane.....Gomes and Rondon. No thank you. Any one could and should do better.
We still might get beat by Villa. But now we just might have a fighting chance. The concrete overcoat has gone. It's time to float again. Get our heads above water. Up The Toffees.

Not taking any notice of what the bookmakers think, newspapers, twitter etc. All guessing at the moment. Just wait for an official announcement and let the fume begin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.