Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we hire a manager with no Premier League experience you may as well just relegate us now
If we limit our search to only managers with PL experience then we have learned absolutely nothing. Experienced managers got us in this mess. A young hungry manager is our way out of the this mess.

The top players of my childhood growing during the noughties will lead the game forward in the next 20 years. Lampard, Viera, and unfortunately the Aston Villa manager etc...

Please appoint a young hungry manager like Lampard and let them build our way out of this endless cycle of crap.

If we limit our search to only managers with PL experience then we have learned absolutely nothing. Experienced managers got us in this mess. A young hungry manager is our way out of the this mess.

The top players of my childhood growing during the noughties will lead the game forward in the next 20 years. Lampard, Viera, and unfortunately the Aston Villa manager etc...

Please appoint a young hungry manager like Lampard and let them build our way out of this endless cycle of crap.
Like a Marco Silva or a Roberto Martinez maybe?

Look at Eddie Howe before the PL, he took Bournemouth up 3 divisions must of had a great win rate.. not a great manager though

As I said, win percentages alone do not tell the full story, negatively or positively. Howe's time at Burnley shows he's not someone with a track record of hitting the ground running at a club.

It's definitely way too early to pass judgement on his Newcastle reign though. That looks like early Moshiri x10 at the moment.

I think I could be tempted by Rooney.

We've all said we'd like a young, hungry manager to build a team in the same image; something we haven't had since Moyes first joined.

On top of that he still has the name that could attract players.

Would he really be that divisive to the fanbase that we couldn't see the potential?

I dont think think he'd be that more pragmatic. Experience brings that. But with him we'd still have defensive issues.

He'd certainly want to continue with a possession based game. This lot are frightened to death to get on the ball. It wasn't just Benitez's tactics that got us to 30% possession in games. And getting control of the ball again is what we need right now. So I think that may be the thinking of bringing him in...plus he's affable and a player's manager...apart from a snide like Baines.

We can't play possession based either.

It's a defensive compact unit thats not been played like that. Needs that back Build a foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back