Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can’t see the fans getting behind Lampard. This is an absolutely massive turnaround job and the second he loses a few games the fans will want him gone for being Chelsea through and through.

Rooney is probably the only one of the lot who would keep any sort of fan loyalty if there was even the slightest down turn. Which in itself is a said indictment on the fan base as he basically had us off for the best part of his career.

Read an article in the Mail today and they referred to Rooney as an Everton legend. Some reach that like. It’s all part of the narrative people use. Rooney and Everton legend, Alladyce saved Everton etc

If the FOUR are:

Rooney - It's just seems too soon but you can't deny that he has done ok with Derby but they just stayed up after his freefall appointment.

At Derby he has 2 assistants around him who I think is very clever and useful. I think the club would like Duncan around too so it would a very fan friendly option.

Martinez - The clear board favourite but not the fans, we have been here before.

The only thing going for him is water is under the bridge and he is the more experienced.

I just pray it's not a permanent position but we really need someone who will be full time.

Lampard - Done well at Derby and Chelsea but everything was very much set up for himself and he is walking into a club which have nothing in place so he would be up against it instantly.

Not sure he would settle quickly but this helps

Nuno - FÜCK NO

It’s a ‘massive turnaround job’ because we were at least 6 weeks late getting rid of Benitez.

We are in the exact mess the Benitez fans were consistently warned about..
Exactly this, the main issue is we didnt sack Benitez soon enough

Now it looks like we havent got time to see if an interim is the way forward, or give ourselves time to seek out the right man.

A total mess.

If the FOUR are:

Rooney - It's just seems too soon but you can't deny that he has done ok with Derby but they just stayed up after his freefall appointment.

At Derby he has 2 assistants around him who I think is very clever and useful. I think the club would like Duncan around too so it would a very fan friendly option.

Martinez - The clear board favourite but not the fans, we have been here before.

The only thing going for him is water is under the bridge and he is the more experienced.

I just pray it's not a permanent position but we really need someone who will be full time.

Lampard - Done well at Derby and Chelsea but everything was very much set up for himself and he is walking into a club which have nothing in place so he would be up against it instantly.

Not sure he would settle quickly but this helps

Nuno - FÜCK NO

Lamps had to deal with quite a heavy transfer ban right? his first season was getting results out of players he had

The last manager we had who hadn't previously been in the PL at some point, was Moyes. That turned out okay. Since then, its been these 'PL-proven' safe-bets and everytime they've underachieved. Lord knows how they became like this.
Yeah I even mentioned that too. They're so risk-averse they refuse to look outside but having that seemingly being the sole criteria means you are getting generally pretty crap managers especially at this point in the year.

The Chelsea players literally downtools because of his spat with Rudiger, they all took Rudigers side.

Everton is one of the most pressured job in British football. A club stacked with unrest and pressure to win trophies.

He had the leeway of every fan backing him, will he get that here? He’s not an Everton legend.

But a premiership legend all the same, he seems good with youth and can stand up to the big name players, thought he done a fine job with Derby and with Chelsea as well, can see you don't want him, but with the candidates left, I'd give him a two year deal, to see how he does.

For me the order (of candidates linked) goes:

Kovac > Lampard/Rooney > > > > Bob/Nuno
(dream) (hopefully good) (embrace liquidation)

I'd also be open to some outside the box thinking.

It’s a ‘massive turnaround job’ because we were at least 6 weeks late getting rid of Benitez.

We are in the exact mess the Benitez fans were consistently warned about..

TBF if we’d sacked him six weeks ago there would be fewer decent candidates to replace him (Kovac for example).

But a premiership legend all the same, he seems good with youth and can stand up to the big name players, thought he done a fine job with Derby and with Chelsea as well, can see you don't want him, but with the candidates left, I'd give him a two year deal, to see how he does.

Alan Shearer is literally the definition of a premier league legend.

Being a good footballer, doesn’t make you a great manager.

Oh I agree he’s better than half mentioned, but in a world where Kovac and Favre are available I’d rather go for those than Lampard.

I just think Lampard is A Level Rooney, been there, had a good run but didn’t really excel at Chelsea. I still reserve my doubts over his qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.