Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol lol lol

We got 5 points out of 9 and a cup exit.

That is pitiful after a boost of a new man on the touchline.

Look what happened in the last two of those 4 games: we lost at home to a Leicester team there to be beaten, then had zero clue about breaking down the worst Arsenal team for decades, also at home.

That is not a good look.
Why did Duncan get the job temporarily Dave ?

If the previous manager matched the results Duncan got he would not have been sacked in the first place.

We lost.

As said: trajectory downward.

Imagine what 19 games looks like. We'd win a few then be flatlining - and that is a waste of time. We need a new manager in. It's half a season. If it were the last 6/7 games I'd see the point of an "interim".

I’m not saying we don’t need a permanent manager. But your writing off of a manager based on FOUR games which were very difficult fixtures in testing circumstances injury-wise, is bizarre as you’ve been telling everyone on here you refuse to judge Benitez until he’s had a full season and all his best players fit.

This was said last time. We got Ancelotti.

We'll get someone else in regardless of the Villa result.

I would be very surprised if a new manager wasn't in the dugout for the cup tie.
I suspect you may be right.
But hope springs eternal , that at least the advantages of allowing the least expensive option a reasonable chance to prove himself.
Personally I am not overly impressed or enthused by any of the names being linked to us at present.

After 4 games in charge last time it fizzled out from a win to a cup exit and two draws.

That wasn't good enough from a new manager / caretaker manager bounce. The 0-0 Arsenal game at home was utter turd. The team lost belief. The owners would have noted that.

There's no other way forward here than a new manager coming in. We have half a season left, not 6/7 games. And we have the next 17 days or so to get one for after the international break.

His 4 games where Chelsea arsenal, and United away

And a cup game against a massively inform Leicester, he never lost any of them.

I agree the arsenal game was a horrible watch but he showed more in them 4 games than your man Rafael has in the whole season

You know how the last stint he had went. The trajectory was down...and for a new manager bounce to tail off that badly is worrying.

Chelsea - performance off the charts
United - good effort
Leicester - back to the team playing with fear
Arsenal - a shockingly clueless 90 minutes

That is not a great audition.
I thought he did well for the limited number of fixtures he had.
The Arsenal game whilst disappointing was a case of two teams cancelling each other out, and it wasn’t as bad as some make out.
Let’s face it even at Goodison we would give a new manager more than 4 games before delivering final judgment ( at least we’d give them 5).

You know how the last stint he had went. The trajectory was down...and for a new manager bounce to tail off that badly is worrying.

Chelsea - performance off the charts
United - good effort
Leicester - back to the team playing with fear
Arsenal - a shockingly clueless 90 minutes

That is not a great audition.
Benitez done so much better.
Norwich - a shocking clueless 90 minutes
Brentford - a shocking clueless 90 minutes
Watford - a shocking clueless 90 minutes

This is not a good manger.

Also for clarity I don’t want Ferguson. I feel he should have been sacked ages ago.

We lost.

As said: trajectory downward.

Imagine what 19 games looks like. We'd win a few then be flatlining - and that is a waste of time. We need a new manager in. It's half a season. If it were the last 6/7 games I'd see the point of an "interim".

5 points from 3 games? Looks like 31 points to me. Giving a total of 50 points for the season.

Doesn't matter who we appoint - seeing the likes of Ancelotti and Silva doing well shows you that ultimately this group of players are the problem.

You'll chase the next fella oot just like you did with Benitez and still sit wondering why we'll have gone through 7 managers in 6 years.
They're different players I don't know how many times we need to go over this. We've signed 11 players since the start of last season and brought in some youth players too this isn't the same squad that Silva had its nothing like it.

I’m not saying we don’t need a permanent manager. But your writing off of a manager based on FOUR games which were very difficult fixtures in testing circumstances injury-wise, is bizarre as you’ve been telling everyone on here you refuse to judge Benitez until he’s had a full season and all his best players fit.
Benitez has managerial pedigree...Ferguson has cone laying pedigree.

His 4 games where Chelsea arsenal, and United away

And a cup game against a massively inform Leicester, he never lost any of them.

I agree the arsenal game was a horrible watch but he showed more in them 4 games than your man Rafael has in the whole season
3 home games in 4 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.