Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it I think Ferguson would not be a bad shout. At first I was thinking no way! He's not the man. I want Rooney in. But in hindsight if he does well in the next few games, gets us climbing back up the table, why the hell not. Let Rooney finish the season at Derby then get him, if we need him then.

Apparently we have to pay £48 mil to get rid of Benitez and his staff, unbelievable
That figure doesn't sound believable. By most accounts Benitez was on £6m ayear. EVEN IF we didn't have a "you're crap" clause in there, that's ~£15m left we would have had to pay him. I cannot believe that the people he brought in would comprise more than £30m additonally.

Potter has done it with less for sure though. Kovac has real talent at Monaco even if he was somewhat of a savior in terms of getting it to perform. Same at Frankfurt.
You dont get anywhere near the bayern job without being excellent

I am not sure what 'it' is in the context of Potter. What has he won?

I suspect it will be Dunc.

I mean he only lost the job last time because it was Ancelotti.

Surely he can see off some of the random chancers like Martinez presently being linked if he does as well as he did in his last spell? Till the end of the season at least.
I know you don’t like Martinez and I agree he’s not what we need right now but he’s by no means a chancer. I’m sure the Belgian FA have a bit more nous than you considering the players they are producing over there.

You dont get anywhere near the bayern job without being excellent

I am not sure what 'it' is in the context of Potter. What has he won?
Look I know it is hard for you as a staunch results are the only thing worth looking at man to consider that maybe we should try something other than asking "what have they won?" when considering a manager but we might want to. Kovac was responsible for the worst Bayern season in awhile even if they did win because frankly that team is so superior I'd give most on this forum a fighting chance at winning the title.

It's time to look at process and not results. You should try it.

Things started to go downhill for Silva at Watford before we came in for him mate, also he had failed at Hull don't forget, so 2 previous PL failures essentially. Also Benitez was only at Real for 6 months then got sacked because the players hated him and whilst he was at Newcastle his win % was 42% overall and if broken down he lost nearly as much as he had won - something like won 62, lost 53.
Watford had lost 2 games by the time we sacked Koeman: Man City and Chelsea. They beat Arsenal the week before. Also, he went to Hull halfway through a season with them adrift at the bottom of the table. He improved them while he was there - they beat Utd and Liverpool under him. Hardly fair to call it failure. Rafael's win rate at Real was 68%. Zidane's was just under 70.

Look it's not my intention to defend these guys. I didn't want Bobby or Koeman, detested BFS and didn't want Benitez.

I'm just saying on paper they weren't as bad decisions as they are with hindsight. If you think it's all the board being clueless, check back at the polls and comments on here at the time.

I read this as Usmanov flexing his muscles after Kenwright's ludicrous PR manupulation since Sunday. The longer we take to hire a new manager, the more likely it is that the yacht can be moored off Sardinia to welcome the next decorated heavyweight manager to sip from the poisoned chalice.
I think the same myself.

There'll be another as yet unconsidered name to surface.

As if they're going to leave it to Kenwright to do. He'd have Fred the doorman in the dugout.

I'd like Kovac, but I believe it'll be Ferguson. I think it'll only take a couple of results to sway the board to give it him full time.
You might be proven right eventually. But if they want him why wouldn't they just have told him "interim until the summer"? I mean, they have the evidence of the 4 games he had in charge - and they'd be pushing at an open door with a lot of fans.

You might be proven right eventually. But if they want him why wouldn't they just have told him "interim until the summer"? I mean, they have the evidence of the 4 games he had in charge - and they'd be pushing at an open door with a lot of fans.

Because I think they'll want to see what happens Saturday. Rest assured this board goes from game to game without any kind of plan so why would now be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.