Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, that's what's unforgivable. Not the relentless support of a kopite who was on our worst run in decades and statistically had a worse start than our previous worst ever manager.

If they do 'give it dunc', then I hope you throw your entire support behind him until the moment he is sacked. You know, because all the good and real supporters get behind the manager.

Yeah, you clearly supported Benitez until he was sacked didn't you? LOL

I presume you seek a more detailed answer than "Because he's the best option in that list of candidates bar Potter, and Potter's already publically said he's not interested."
I just don't know much about him so was asking for some insight, record doesn't seem brilliant to me considering he was managing Bayern. but as I said, I don't know much about him.

Yeah, you clearly supported Benitez until he was sacked didn't you? LOL
I never wanted him and didn't support him. Especially at the point of his sacking when we were a shambles. I never claimed I did.

Some of those who were relentless in their support, would argue they were better fans because they backed him. I disagree, no one is better than any other, but to take that stance, you then must surely get behind every manager in the same way, right?

I'm Daves case, he made the point that it doesn't matter if you like him, he is who was picked so you have to get behind him. I was just pointing out that after some of the vitriol he spouts towards Dunc, if he gets it, he must surely back him?

Last edited:

I never wanted him and didn't support him. Especially at the point of his sacking when we were a shambles. I never claimed I did.

Those who were relentless in their support, would argue they were better fans because they backed him. I disagree, no one is better than any other, but to take that stance, you then must surely get behind every manager in the same way, right?
I don't see anybody hanging bedsheets outside of Duncan's neighbour's house yet. There's probably a good reason for that, mind.

That the plan was a load of bollocks it told me.

If i said to you "I've got a plan to build our stadium out of paper", you'd reply "that's not a plan at all, that's stupid".

So what it tells me Dave is that the board are inept, clueless and most worrying of all, very dangerous when it comes to the wellbeing of Everton Football Club.
It tells me something else: they tried to get the matter resolved quickly on a short term basis till the end of the season and it never came off. Now they turn to the permanant solution.

You might be proven right eventually. But if they want him why wouldn't they just have told him "interim until the summer"? I mean, they have the evidence of the 4 games he had in charge - and they'd be pushing at an open door with a lot of fans.
I think the same, if they wanted to give Duncan an extended run they would have done so already.

Even the statement they put out to confirm the sacking of RB gave the feeling they want a full time manager in asap.

I do also agree there may well be twists and turns in this managerial chase yet.

Aye, that's what's unforgivable. Not the relentless support of a kopite who was on our worst run in decades and statistically had a worse start than our previous worst ever manager.

If they do 'give it dunc', then I hope you throw your entire support behind him until the moment he is sacked. You know, because all the good and real supporters get behind the manager.
I think you're the one who has to commit to loyally backing an Everton manager.

I think we can anticipate what happens. We'll win.

But they're not going to make their decision on one game. They haven't sacked Benitez without thinking about it. I know they're rubbish, but there'd have been discussion about a succession.

IMO it's a no brainer that if you're going to put a manager in charge then you dont mess around handing them a caretaker role before hand. And as said, it's not like they dont know what to expect with Ferguson: plenty of fist pumping and atmosphere generation. Initially.

They could well hand it to him until summer, but the moves so far dont point that way to me. You can be sure Moshiri and Usmanov will have got their contacts up and running since before last Saturday.
I think they had something lined up and that why Fergy wasn’t given interim straight away

I think you're the one who has to commit to loyally backing an Everton manager.
So you will or won't back dunc if he gets it longer? He is currently the manager yet you still aren't backing him despite him being in charge for our next game.

I'll back him. I'll back any of the others suggested up there until they don't deserve it as well. Only managers I haven't wanted have been allardyce (who I stopped watching the matches because of) and benitez. Both were unnecessary and totally wrong appointments. And both ended as I expected them to.

I also backed off benitez once the season started. I returned to his thread when results and performances were utterly abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.