Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think he should necessarily have that job at this stage, but don't lump Cahill in with Sharp and the like in the "jobs for the boys" stuff. He's been away, has gained top level coaching badges AND has done a bunch of jobs (along with training/qualifications) on the business side too.

Should absolutely be at the club imho
Well that is a point I wont argue at this time but there are too many of "the lads" at the club for my liking .I still say he has no experience in that capacity so why ? If they want a real true blue take me I am blue to the core ,if you cut off my head - Everton f.c. - would be like a bar of Blackpool rock but that would not be the for best either .

videotogif_2022.01.28_16.53.36.gif

SKY saying board meeting tonight to make a decision. This is beyond anything now
Why do they need 5 interviews for each candidate and then board meeting to discuss the interviews they were all involved in? Disgraceful. Surely the could have had a quick talk after the last interview and made a decision.

For a job of this importance and stature, the short list is questionable. Not just who is on it but each brings a different level of experience, a different cultural and footballing background and it seems to me none truly fit the urgent requirements.

We have short term needs (win matches to stay up and make the most of the squad already in place as that is what they will be working with): mid term needs (identify and shift deadwood, replace with better and hungrier players, rebuild clubs internal and external relationships, help develop and implement football strategy) and longer term ambitions (compete regularly at the top level and win things as well play attractive and effective football).

The three being interviewed don't make me think they can do 2 and 3 at all and point 1 might make Lampard (always been at a successful environment including Derby who paid for theirs) and Pereira (will need time to integrate and time is not what we have) none starters for me.

I'd look at either Ferguson till season's end or someone like Nigel Pearson only till season's end. Use the time to interview longer term and a more diverse list of managers but who all have a consistent strategy.

I'd look at Potter, Steve Cooper, Rooney, Marco Rose, Diego Martinez and (I know) Xabi Alonso. All "technical coaches" who play progressive football. All would need a strong Director of Football and we should use this time to build this

Thanks for reading.

Whomever it is I just have sympathy for anyone that has to interview with bill I bet you he spends hours just reminiscing about the time Sylvester Stallone came to Goodison. I'm sure they're like " that's great Bill but can we talk about the tactics I'm going to play?"

Status
Not open for further replies.