Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my American mate is happy with this news. My Italian mate thinks he will be bad for us.
I guess only time will tell!!!
He would not have been my first choice if he was say against Mark Cuban, but I would say he is miles better than where this was headed. As I mentioned, not acquired to be part of a Private Equity Fund. Would never want that ownership structure for a Sports team.

I really don't know what you trying to say it's either, Have a Nice Day in French or Good Morning in Italian either way in presents poor language skills on your behalf
Mate I’m not fkin Rosetta Stone.

I got a D in French. That’s as far as my linguistic skills go.

Biblioteque, stilo, french word for train station etc.

Last edited:

@Zatara.

It's difficult to judge Roma's transfer business. We're trying to comply with FFP regulations since ages.

What I can say is that Friedkin has invested A LOT, but mainly outside the pitch. Considering the price paid to the previous owners, the money spent to buy 100% of the shares - Roma was a public company - and switch to private company, the money spent to pay some debts and so on, It's been calculated that he spent 929 million euros since 2020. No other investment like this in Italy lately.

The guy has resources, obviously not enough to fight Arabic sovereign funds.

As for the transfers, the problem is...he chose Mourinho, who wanted experienced players. It was obviously a bad choice for a team that had to be rebuilt from scratch with FFP limitations in place. With De Rossi and the new sporting director Ghisolfi, the focus will shift to young promising player. It's already been announced.

The results have been extremely good in Europe (1 conference league won, 1 Europa League final lost, 1 Europa League semifinal in 3 years) and mediocre in Serie A (7th - 6th - 6th - 6th).
Oh for the days of mediocrity again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back