Why is Frank getting a free pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjoeefc

Player Valuation: £20m
Let's put agendas aside a moment.

I think some fans need to look at what they are seeing on the pitch rather than what they are hearing from the manager. While he is well spoken and likeable, he has us going in the direction of a very worrying trend.

Frank came in and he never got a new manager buzz in terms of results. He has us playing statistically and pretty obviously worse than we did under benitez. With league form only in mind (which is the only relevant info) 1 goal in the last 5 league games.

I'm not having it at all that this team is the issue. When the team is playing worse under a new manager than it was under the old manager who had more injury issues and constant heckling from fans.

Yes a manager needs time and changing managers is not healthy. But this manager is clearly the wrong one at the wrong time. What credentials or proof does he have to suggest otherwise. We are in serious danger of relegation and people are accepting that our 71 year old record comes to an end because they like Frank. I mean seriously??

Even when Dunc was in charge we deserved to beat villa in that game. But Frank's last 2 home games have both deserved defeats and away he has been horrendous. He's getting it wrong every game apart from the Leeds home game when they were in freefall. This team is better than this. The 11 players we can field have proven they have had better results before and dominated games last season and some this. They are not as bad as they have been under Frank.

I think some fans need to look at what they are seeing on the pitch rather than what they are hearing from the manager. While he is well spoken and likeable, he has us going in the direction of a very worrying trend.

Frank came in and he never got a new manager buzz in terms of results. He has us playing statistically and pretty obviously worse than we did under benitez. With league form only in mind (which is the only relevant info) 1 goal in the last 5 league games.

I'm not having it at all that this team is the issue. When the team is playing worse under a new manager than it was under the old manager who had more injury issues and constant heckling from fans.

Yes a manager needs time and changing managers is not healthy. But this manager is clearly the wrong one at the wrong time. What credentials or proof does he have to suggest otherwise. We are in serious danger of relegation and people are accepting that our 71 year old record comes to an end because they like Frank. I mean seriously??

Even when Dunc was in charge we deserved to beat villa in that game. But Frank's last 2 home games have both deserved defeats and away he has been horrendous. He's getting it wrong every game apart from the Leeds home game when they were in freefall. This team is better than this. The 11 players we can field have proven they have had better results before and dominated games last season and some this. They are not as bad as they have been under Frank.

Why did Newcastle deserve to beat us?

Even when Dunc was in charge we deserved to beat villa in that game. But Frank's last 2 home games have both deserved defeats and away he has been horrendous. He's getting it wrong every game apart from the Leeds home game when they were in freefall. This team is better than this. The 11 players we can field have proven they have had better results before and dominated games. They are not as bad as they have been under Frank.
The so called free pass is the name given by those that don't like him. Majority of us see the problems but want to support the manager rather than an ever increasing vicious circle of managers. Did you actually expect us to be that much better when he took over this dross.

The ones that are not knee jerking (giving free pass) have seen home improvements and that gives us hope but we would all agree that away tactics are not correct as of yet but not calling for his head as of yet

I don't think he's getting it so much as we can't afford to get on his and the players' backs as we're too close to relegation to argue amongst ourselves.

Keep us up, make the team his own and then we can judge him fairly.

To answer the title, I think it's;

1. Apathy/anger towards players who have let us down/proven they're bottlers time and time again.
2. "We can't keep sacking managers!"

Keen we keep discussion in the Frank Lampard thread though mate. We've already let another thread continue because it was a pretty significant comment and I think it could get confusing having so many threads on the go.

Please continue over here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/frank-lampard.114412/

:locked:

Reactions: kev
Status
Not open for further replies.