Why so Negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must be referring to different incidents then, cos there was one where he was lucky to still have a chance to get a shot away after he did has best baby elephant impression trying to get the ball under control.
Apologies. I thought you were referring to the assist.

Even on the goal effort though: he got in position, eventually got the ball under control and got a dangerous shot off. How in God's name is that whole process being 'all over the shop'?

Three misplaced passes last night: that's less than any other midfielder or attacker we had out on the pitch. Who needs fact when we have our perceptions though?

Overdoing is what Mirallas did...in his own final third, btw. I dont remember that being mentioned anywhere like.

As I say, there's some absolute tosh written about this lad McGeady.
How many times was he tackled trying to beat a man having slowed up though? Genuinely, I won't get on his back too much because there is clearly a player there and at worst he's a pretty handy deputy, but he can pass back to people, move into space and deliver a ball, he doesn't have to stand and then dribble past a man every time.
If he learns or it's a case of adjusting to the league then he could well prove very useful.

Even on the goal effort though: he got in position, eventually got the ball under control and got a dangerous shot off. How in God's name is that whole process being 'all over the shop'?

True. That is fair. I guess I am struggling to shake off the bad vibes about him. I'm not being curmudgeonly, I just struggle to see the positives in his play. But if they're there, then that's cool. I think he can do some good stuff, it's just too infrequent for my liking.

I watched on tv last night but i thought the team and the stadium was incredibly flat. QPR were by far the better side for me till the first goal and actually looked the better footballing side. We seemed incapable of being able to pass around their pressing. There was no tempo and movement to our play. I wonder if it's a confidence thing?

We don't seem to be getting Lukaku into the game in the right areas facing goal too much either.

Erm, maybe I dreampt the ball cut back to Naismith and only a damn fine block saving QPR going a goal down. With our foot on the gas (only a couple of times granted - one being a fabulous break set by Barkley with a swooping ball from right to left into Mirallas) we carved them up like a christmas turkey. Add to the fact that the referee was in seasonal spirit and sought not to book any number of players but Dunne especially.

I'm glad of the home win, it takes some of the pressure off, we get a bit of time to collect our thoughts and go at Southampton.

How many times was he tackled trying to beat a man having slowed up though? Genuinely, I won't get on his back too much because there is clearly a player there and at worst he's a pretty handy deputy, but he can pass back to people, move into space and deliver a ball, he doesn't have to stand and then dribble past a man every time.
If he learns or it's a case of adjusting to the league then he could well prove very useful.
About as much as any of our forward players, it's just that people are waiting for it and seizing on it to confirm a position they've taken up on the player.

Don't want to sound picky but that ball wasnt really for him was meant for Coleman an even when he took the ball he still had the chance to knock it to Coleman who still had a bit of space for a better shot or cross in front of goal.

Still it's nice to know he wants to get a shot on goal as others take the easy route an knock it far wide.

About as much as any of our forward players, it's just that people are waiting for it and seizing on it to confirm a position they've taken up on the player.
Not true. I don't have a position on him particularly. But he wasn't positively affecting the game. He could have streaked past his man a couple of times but basically slowed it all down to try and trick his way past last night. I just want him to twin his talent with his brain, that's all really. Hopefully that will come with time.

Wasn't the Naismith negativity exacerbated due to him being played in the wrong position and asked to do the wrong job? Seems like McGeady is playing his normal position, just not very good. The one cross aside for the third goal, he was really rather poor.
maybe but he had played well in various roles for rangers. The negativity was there to the point where there was a collective sigh everytime he was named on the team sheet. Fast forward 12 months.

Why are so many people so negative about the team? It is like some are not happy unless they are moaning. I enjoyed the game last night, great seeing us have a good lead in a game. League form has dipped, but many teams are struggling this season. We are still in the chase for a Euro place, few good results and we are competing again. We are doing fine in Europe, nice draw for the next round so a good chance of going through. Home draw in FA cup. Come on be happy and cheer the lads on.

And Merry Christmas to all Blues.
Because we had 1 point from 9 in the previous three matches, people are just nervous. We'll be fine though.

We have had injuries. Playing in Europe.
I don't buy the Europe argument. We're out of the League cup which saved us some games, and the EL has been 5 extra matches (last one doesn't count), plus we have a bigger squad this season. Yes we've had injuries, but haven't we always had injuries?

None of that should have changed the manner in which we play, not to such extent as is evident.

3 deflected goals last night don't mask the utter terror I witnessed for the majority of my evening

Erm, maybe I dreampt the ball cut back to Naismith and only a damn fine block saving QPR going a goal down. With our foot on the gas (only a couple of times granted - one being a fabulous break set by Barkley with a swooping ball from right to left into Mirallas) we carved them up like a christmas turkey. Add to the fact that the referee was in seasonal spirit and sought not to book any number of players but Dunne especially.

I'm glad of the home win, it takes some of the pressure off, we get a bit of time to collect our thoughts and go at Southampton.

No, you didn't dream it, but it's an isolated incident at the start of the match playing at home against a team who've lost 6 in a row and are in a relegation place where i feel they made a far better start than we did. As i've stated, it might be down to a lack of confidence.

I expected to see us dominate a game right from the start adopting a higher tempo, more movement and crisper more incisive passing against a team who last night became the only side to lose all 8 of their opening away games.

Hopefully this win will boost confidence and we can move onto the Southampton game and be more assertive and get on a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.