Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically his own Twitter account if we’re being this pedantic.
Everton are interested in the Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto and hope to use the proceeds from Amadou Onana’s £50million move to Aston Villa to strike a deal.

Onana is expected to complete his switch to the Midlands, where he has been earmarked to bolster Unai Emery’s options after the departure of Douglas Luiz to Juventus.

The Belgium midfielder would be the latest player to leave Everton, after Ben Godfrey and Lewis Dobbin, and their manager, Sean Dyche, is targeting reinforcements.

Gnonto, 20, was the target of multiple bids from Everton last summer and the Italy international submitted a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move.

Paul Joyce
, Northern Football Correspondent |

Joyce said every word that EFCdaily claimed mate.

Everton are interested in the Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto and hope to use the proceeds from Amadou Onana’s £50million move to Aston Villa to strike a deal.

Onana is expected to complete his switch to the Midlands, where he has been earmarked to bolster Unai Emery’s options after the departure of Douglas Luiz to Juventus.

The Belgium midfielder would be the latest player to leave Everton, after Ben Godfrey and Lewis Dobbin, and their manager, Sean Dyche, is targeting reinforcements.

Gnonto, 20, was the target of multiple bids from Everton last summer and the Italy international submitted a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move.

Paul Joyce
, Northern Football Correspondent |

Joyce said every word that EFCdaily claimed mate.

I’ll put that shovel away now.

I ain’t dyin’ on no hill…..

I’ll believe it when I see a player standing by the Bellefield Tree
images

Leeds will be after as much of the £50m Onana fee as possible.

I hope we walk away if £25m isn’t enough for Gnonto - I don’t want us to be messed about again.

That amount should be enough to buy Asprilla from Watford.
Agree with this.
Leeds if they had a brain in them would use that Minteh guy as justification for asking for £30m, just like we have been doing with Branthwaite

Agree with this.
Leeds if they had a brain in them would use that Minteh guy as justification for asking for £30m, just like we have been doing with Branthwaite
And we'd surely point out that a more direct comparison is Philogene who put up better numbers in the same division and went for 18m. Gnonto being younger maybe has more upside long term but based on performance I don't think you could justify more than 5m or so above what Philogene has gone for.

Probably already been asked somewhere in this thread, but can someone provide a quick summary if Little Willy can offer real penetration with his balls in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back