Williams and Dowie join Liverpool Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbignall85

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Don't normally follow the Everton Ladies team, but we did have a few players in Team GB at the Olympics.

Anyway, just read that Fara Williams and Natasha Dowie have left Everton for Liverpool Ladies..

efc__1242690610_fara450.jpg

natasha-dowie-006.jpg

Boooooooooooooooooo

Ladies version of Barmby and Xavier? I don't think there are a lot of people care?

Seems an odd move for them given that Everton are regularly there or thereabouts - didn't seem to challenge as closely this season though? Weren't Liverpool bottom or near enough though?

Went to see them every week season before last. Williams was boss, dowie was okay. Jill Scott was the best player imo, that'd be a real blow to them to lose her.
ah well, back to not being arsed about womens footy again.

Seems an odd move for them given that Everton are regularly there or thereabouts - didn't seem to challenge as closely this season though? Weren't Liverpool bottom or near enough though?

Liverpool Ladies have finished rock bottom of the league for the last two seasons running. Fortunately for them, the Womens Super League is like the rugby league super league in that there's no promotion and relegation, only franchise submissions.

Which is basically what's behind this sudden injection of money into the Liverpool Ladies team. They know that if they don't dramatically improve next season, they will probably be removed from the league when the franchises come up for renewal in 12-18 months time.

I'm embarrassed for them quite frankly, that the only way they feel they can improve is by essentially stealing two of our better players on Bosmans.

Lucy Bronze has joined Liverpool as well.

Williams & Dowie are good friends of mine, wish them well, even if it is at Liverpool, sad to see them go but that is football.

Lucy Bronze has joined Liverpool as well.

Williams & Dowie are good friends of mine, wish them well, even if it is at Liverpool, sad to see them go but that is football.

Any chance you can sort me a hot date with Michelle or Toni?

Ill buy them a swanky dinner, ill even wear a button up and a suit jacket ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.