Mina
Townsend
Richarleson

Not sure about
Gray
Allan
Godfrey

So not many there
Noone. Literally no one in our squad has won anything worth a damn and it shows. Pickford is about the only person who deserves to have won anything (the euros).

Whatever about winners - and you don't know if somebody is a winner until they actually win something - we definitely lack leaders. Was Iwobi eligible to take a penalty tonight or had he been subbed? If the former, then why is a player who would be regarded as something of a technician hiding away and allowing a kid like Gordon to take a pressure kick? Maybe I am being unfair to Iwobi and he was ineligibe. Sadly, when I describe him as a technician I have electrician or mechanic in mind more than a footballer...

Gomes is another one: a senior pro. No leadership. Never recovered from that breakdown in Barcelona.

I'll give some credit to Townsend and Keane, who took an early penalty despite not being on too long. Even Godfrey held his nerve after his reprieve. But we lack character in our side. The anemic Icelandic sums us up and he's AWOL now dealing with other distractions. Pickford was a huge loss tonight. Begovic looked like Peter Shilton in Turin in 1990: all the right moves, just the wrong time zone.

3x

Winners?
In this club?

Status
Not open for further replies.