Winning Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning ugly doesnt quite do it justice, it was hideous!
It was like watching a game of volleyball or head tennis or something that has naff all to do with feet!
It reminded me of a few seasons ago when we couldnt score a goal to save our lives but still managed to grind out 1 nil's and hey presto - we finished fourth.
Even in THAT season we were far from pretty to watch.
With regards to DM, no ideas - but I agree he's looking more like Victor Meldrew every week. Perhaps the board promised some cash after Faddy left, maybe he's just got women troubles, who knows.
At least he acted promptly yesterday when it was obvious we didnt look like scoring. Though some would say (including me) that Vaughan should start anyway.

It is rare in deed for Moyes to take someone off at h/t who wasn't injured. Fernandes was not playing to orders he was having a stroll. In fairness that is the best Vaughan has played in weeks, he stunk against Oldham but of the strikers available he was the best option if you were going to play one up front against that defence, AJ will run all day, get bounced round like a ball and hardly ever look like scoring, the lad is a dedicated pro but will never be a lone striker against committed defences like that, a lone pea shooter possibly but that is as far as it goes

Last edited:
coppell is no mug, reading arent the best side, but certainly are not the worst.

it was eleven versus eleven, all professionals, they set out to not concede and swamp the middle. it worked, it strangled the game.

coupled with possible season fatigue (carling cup games + uefa games) on top of a busy christmas period and maybe we see why we havnt been 100% and scoring for fun.

expectation. no side is 100% every game - it simply isnt possible.

munny isnt fit.
osman is recovering from injury.
revelation player of the season pienaar is still out.
cahill is carrying a couple of injuries and still insistes on playing for club and country.
artetas form is becoming increasingly erratic, is there a problem in his personal life or is he troubled with an injury - he certainly gets kicked enough by the two markers every side puts on him to 'shut him down'.
carsley continues to do his job, hunt deserved a good kick yesterday and his histrionics afterwards were hilarious, he obviously forgets the two very nasty very high 'challenges' he threw in earlier in the season. own medicine, didnt like it. prick.

the uefa cup can go hang, i'd rather get the entire squad fit and focused on the league.

coppell is no mug, reading arent the best side, but certainly are not the worst.

it was eleven versus eleven, all professionals, they set out to not concede and swamp the middle. it worked, it strangled the game.

coupled with possible season fatigue (carling cup games + uefa games) on top of a busy christmas period and maybe we see why we havnt been 100% and scoring for fun.

expectation. no side is 100% every game - it simply isnt possible.

munny isnt fit.
osman is recovering from injury.
revelation player of the season pienaar is still out.
cahill is carrying a couple of injuries and still insistes on playing for club and country.
artetas form is becoming increasingly erratic, is there a problem in his personal life or is he troubled with an injury - he certainly gets kicked enough by the two markers every side puts on him to 'shut him down'.
carsley continues to do his job, hunt deserved a good kick yesterday and his histrionics afterwards were hilarious, he obviously forgets the two very nasty very high 'challenges' he threw in earlier in the season. own medicine, didnt like it. prick.

the uefa cup can go hang, i'd rather get the entire squad fit and focused on the league.

I am the first one to take the piss out of rs for coming up with a trail of excuses every time something goes wrong so I am not going offer up similar excuses for us, we played like [Poor language removed] yesterday despite having a near full strength squad out and I am not happy. The brutal fact is that we have not come near to playing as well as we had done before Christmas. Yes we need to be able to scratch out wins and draws, of course we do but we don't have to be happy with sub standard play and that is what we have been getting. I f we are to achieve anything this season we must buck our ideas up and quickly

38 games played so far this season.

two players out in january, one in.

three first team unavailable for over a month due to ANC.

there are no excuses, only reasons.

I wouldn't care if we only scraped past Bogna Regis Town 1-0 with a goal of someone's arse. It'd still make my weekend if we won (y)

This season is cracking. COYB

I share monty's concern, specilly as our famed team spirit was not overly evident yesterday. But I'm a little less concerned after seeing Man U, Chelsea and rs today, as frankly none of them looked much better, so perhaps it is just that part of the season.

We need to get our level of play and intenstity back up before we play Citeh.

It's perhaps not too surprising. Look at the World Cup just gone. The group stages had some really entertaining matches because in most of them teams knew that they could afford one slip up as they had other games to fall back on. Once it got into the knock-out stages however the games became poop. Moyes is turning us into the Germany of the PL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back