wondered where he went (boxing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audley is a excellent boxer though, he just makes really REALLY bad mistakes, his technical skills are top notch, his power is good and his foot work is some of the best I've ever seen from a guy that big, trouble is he has ZERO concentration, instead of doing what he needs to which is be exactly like lennox lewis (jab...jab...jab... left hand) he ends up not throwing the jab and looking for power shots all the time.

If you ask me, that comes from being in the amateur game for too long, where jabs rarely score.

Look at harrison fighting sprott, absolutley out classed him for all of one round, jabbed him, well timed left hand, it was great stuff, then he forgot all that and decided to just go toe to toe.... which ended in him falling onto a huge roundhouse.

Audley needs to be scared to fight well, trouble is.. his ego gets too big way too easily.

Thats why I like Haye so much, he does not talk [Poor language removed] or get carried away with his own hype. He pays respect to the other fighters in interviews, then steps in and does the job. True professionalism. I hope the future bodes well for him. His attitude reminds me of Mcguigan.

Yeh, I hope he stays scared when he goes into the ring because as when he fought thompson he has to remember that some blokes just can't be knocked out no matter how big a puncher you are.

I look forward to seeing more of him at heavy, didn't see enough to make a judgement the other night.

hes back to cruiser in 3 months, i can understand wanting to raise your profile, but weight gain and weight los can result in bad bad performances. he needs to be careful.

I saw the fight he absolutely destroyed him, what a powerful hitter he is. And only 26!!! Bloody hell a fighters prime is normally around 30 for the heavier weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back