Would it get worse without Dyche?

If Dyche left now, would Everton be in deeper poo?

• Total voters
Not a dig at just you, but lots of people seem to think players missing chances and making mistakes is just 1 of those things.

I disagree, I think a good Manager coaches the players better and lessens the chance they will do such things.

Not expecting him to turn water into wine at all, but IMO a good manager at least gets a certain level of performance from their players.
THIS!

Style of play and using your forwards in a certain way has a lot to do with it!
Dom put away so many chances under Ancelotti.....its abit like over the last 4 years DCL & Watkins have reversed roles in terms of the top english score and 'theres a player in there'

All down to coaching and having the right manager

Darwin Nunez has the worst big chance conversion rate across Europe's top 5 leagues. £85m. So with that logic, are we saying Klopp is a poor manager for being unable to coach him to stop missing?
He also has a goal every 165 minutes! That's better than a goal every other game!

THIS!

Style of play and using your forwards in a certain way has a lot to do with it!
Dom put away so many chances under Ancelotti.....its abit like over the last 4 years DCL & Watkins have reversed roles in terms of the top english score and 'theres a player in there'

All down to coaching and having the right manager
I think it's a mix of the play style not being suitable for DCL, but also him not being that ice-cold finisher this season, see the Burnley or Bournemouth game again.

For me always the question is what made Chris Wood score 10 or more goals in 4 seasons in a Dyche team, not known for getting a lot of chances, but DCL not. I don't see him as top 5 prem striker, but certainly someone who can get that too in the right set-up.

Well, happy he got back on the score sheet, not with world-class finishes, but hopefully it boosts his confidence for the remaining games.

I think it's just going to get worse: with or without Dyche.

While it's always possible somebody else could come in and revitalise us, I don't think it remotely likely given the way the club has been run. I'd say "is run" but there is nobody running it at all right now.

The club is a speeding car approaching a cliff. The job now is to stop it from going over, even if that means crashing it against that tree on the verge.

For the record, I don't enjoy our football at the mo - we seem to have gone backwards since Nov in our forward play. Of course Sean has a part to play in that (and his coaching staff), as does confidence, the points deduction, availability of new talent, character and values of our players etc. We need to help this guy finish his work and see us up NEXT season, too. Then the game changes.

Our football causes concern, and it's been a long sticky patch. We must remember:

1. Without the points deduction we're cruising safely.
  2. Sean's had no cash, kept a team up that was sure-fire down under Lamps
  3. Without significant new funds he'll likely do the same this season.
  4. Dyche is prepared to do the dirty work that keeping a team up needs, once its been allowed to exist and deteriorate in the way it has. Alladyce achieved the same (albeit with few plaudits, also)
  5. There is a not a single member of the current Everton Ownership, board or coaching staff that has done more than Sean Dyche to move this squad safely into BMD, believe it or not. Keeping Everton's prem status maintains our status as a viable, investable business. It's the off pitch dealings that are limiting our onfield options
  6. And with no quality signings, another crucial thing of Sean's tenure will be the reduction of 'squad debt', i.e. all the accumulated waste in our wider squad accrued during the arrogant, incompetent disregard for the clubs longevity reflected in the club's previous business dealings.

If the answer is yes, then switch off the lights, lock the gates and throw the keys back over the fence coz it's about to implode the space-time continuum of L4 and spew out hideous amounts of radiation so that Everton are wiped from existence and further damaging the known universe.

It’s going to get worse with or without Dyche players are terrible any player sales will go towards debt owners coming in who can’t even scrape the money together to get the sale over the line over the last few years I’ve thought can it get any worse but it continues to.