Would we have Beckham type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbal Kint

Player Valuation: £35m
Im new to this site.. So take it easy on me

Looking at Ssn this morning i have seen David Beckham's blueprint for a new stadium on the Miami waterfront, as usual when i hear the words "new stadium" or "new owners" i immediately think of Goodison and Bill Kenwright. My opinions on Kenwright and the board wouldn't be the most complimentary, but in saying that at least nobody from the mafia is trying to buy us like Leeds United. I haven't seen the figures quoted Beckham and his investors have spent on the new franchise but i would imagine they could have afforded to buy Everton.

What would a Beckham type figure bring to the table?? Well imagine the higher profile a man known worldwide would bring, surely the profile of the club would be raised and "Brand" Beckham would surely attract a higher quality player. Im pretty sure Nike wouldn't have the luxury of a team wearing it's jersey for free. Does the new man need to be an Evertonian?? Is Wayne Rooney's masterplan (if he is has one) to one day buy Everton..

So my question is would we accept a celebrity as owner or do we really care as long as he has Sheik Mansour type money...

The Beckham scenario is unique really, as he's developed his 'Brand' over 20 years and he's now using that Brand to front up a consortium of wealthy backers who are starting a club from scratch as opposed to taking one over.

On Miami Beckham United FC for the Rich and Famous, he got a $75M discount on the MLS franchise fee, which he's passed on to his other investor(s). It's part of his MLS compensation package. If he splits the franchise in half (owns 50%) he earns $37.5M by buying the franchise (using simple math(s)).

I think @Matt Damon should buy the team. He's a fan, right?

he's had 25yrs to make the crown his own.
Difficult to do when your competition inconveniently dies and everybody starts eulogising about him like he was the scouse incarnation of Jesus. Had Lennon stayed alive, he would have ruined his own legacy because he was an obnoxious tawt.
But is his estate going to buy Everton? That's the question here.

Didn't McCarthy recently say that he didn't support either us or the other mob, people just assumed he was a blue because he attended the fa cup final in 1966. I couldn't have McCarthy either btw, Yoko Ono will probably stake a claim on 25% of the club, Paul in turn gives her the Glwady's street end as compo, supporters in that end will be made to sleep on beds and only sing about all things beautiful...

This thread is screwed already :blush:

Didn't McCarthy recently say that he didn't support either us or the other mob, people just assumed he was a blue because he attended the fa cup final in 1966. I couldn't have McCarthy either btw, Yoko Ono will probably stake a claim on 25% of the club, Paul in turn gives her the Glwady's street end as compo, supporters in that end will be made to sleep and beds and only sing about all things beautiful...

Then you've settled into GOT seamlessly mate.

The figures needed to make a real difference to the team, stadium, everything, are far beyond any celebrity I can think of, off the top of my head, could scrape together.

As a figure head for a consortium, a la Beckham in Miami, is more realistic, which we kind of ended up with here. Less any money actually been spent on the club though.

So I am not against the idea, but as it hasnt happened in 14 years, I cant see it happening any time soon.

Didn't McCarthy recently say that he didn't support either us or the other mob, people just assumed he was a blue because he attended the fa cup final in 1966. I couldn't have McCarthy either btw, Yoko Ono will probably stake a claim on 25% of the club, Paul in turn gives her the Glwady's street end as compo, supporters in that end will be made to sleep on beds and only sing about all things beautiful...

I thought you were on about James McCarthy for a while there mate!

Paul McCarthy wrote some great stuff with Jim Lemmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.