Would you miss the comedy element of Everton if we actually became a serious club again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiednm

Player Valuation: £40m
Everton’s ineptitude since the 1990s, from Board and playing staff level, right down to the tea ladies and cleaning staff is so dire that it’s comical.

Multiple stadium debacles, blowing huge money on awful players, appointing charlatans to managerial and backroom staff roles, dodgy sponsors, embarrassing DVDs, Mr. Testicles, purple dildos, our owner being big mates with Jim White, every man and his dog breaking their goal scoring drought against us etc, etc...

If by some miracle we became an actual professional football club rather than a bloody circus, do you think you’d enjoy it, or is Everton’s nonsense so ingrained in your identity that you’d miss the mediocrity, comedy and humiliation?

Discuss, and please show your workings.

I love embracing the comedic value of Everton. Go the game with your mates, have a moan and laugh, go and get drunk and enjoy yourself. Life really is too short to get so emotionally attached to a football club that you let performances and results, etc. dictate your mood and how you feel.

Well one thing is for sure, I'd never want a club like Liverpool and the type of fan base it attracts, I'd rather be a comedy show, even Manchester City, I've heard of many city fans who prefared the old days

I love embracing the comedic value of Everton. Go the game with your mates, have a moan and laugh, go and get drunk and enjoy yourself. Life really is too short to get so emotionally attached to a football club that you let performances and results, etc. dictate your mood and how you feel.

That's just making a virtue out of a vice.

We are a club that should never be 25 years without a trophy. Never seen as off the pace of the elite.

Everton’s ineptitude since the 1990s, from Board and playing staff level, right down to the tea ladies and cleaning staff is so dire that it’s comical.

Multiple stadium debacles, blowing huge money on awful players, appointing charlatans to managerial and backroom staff roles, dodgy sponsors, embarrassing DVDs, Mr. Testicles, purple dildos, our owner being big mates with Jim White, every man and his dog breaking their goal scoring drought against us etc, etc...

If by some miracle we became an actual professional football club rather than a bloody circus, do you think you’d enjoy it, or is Everton’s nonsense so ingrained in your identity that you’d miss the mediocrity, comedy and humiliation?

Discuss, and please show your workings.

The club's like a second family to me, and probably the majority of us.

For the last twenty odd years, I've loved the family despite them being fools and charlatans, but it's a lot easier to love your family when they're doing great things.

I've had a drink though ...

I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A BOX.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM WITH A FOX.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A HOUSE.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM WITH A MOUSE.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM HERE OR THERE.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE.
I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM, SAM-I-AM.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.