Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that worked so well with Keane and Williams?

Any player could flop, and while we have no idea whether he'll settle, that's what the club is paying Brands and Silva to decide.

Maybe but every player is different.
Do you believe this lad is worth 30m? And can we take the risk that he will adapt quickly when our other options are so poor. If he signs I'll get behind him but just expressing my concerns.

Whatever way this turns out, we really should have walked away weeks ago from this.

I understand having a top target or whatever but it shouldn't be left this late for a key position, even if you have alternatives. I mean we've had enough chances to learn this by now with Witsel and Giroud surely?

Do you believe this lad is worth 30m? And can we take the risk that he will adapt quickly when our other options are so poor. If he signs I'll get behind him but just expressing my concerns.
Only a couple of mill more than some bang average midfielder from Norwich.

Sorry I was aiming for jokey sarcasm rather than snarky there, not sure that came through.

I have no idea if he’s worth it to be honest, I’ve hardly seen anything of him. The point being though, just having played in the league before is no guarantee that they’ll perform for us, as the 2 I mentioned demonstrate.

Fair enough. But why are united so desperate to recruit central defenders when they already have 5 at the club.

Because they want to win the leauge and improvements to the defence means they can play a more expansive style of football and still have defensive solidarity at the back.

Smelling is just a solid defender his speed let's him recover most of the mistakes he makes, Phil Jones is good but injury prone, rojo is rash but still a solid player. Lindeloff or whatever his name is I'm not too keen on tbh but I've only seen him play a few games. Bailey was brilliant his first season but after his injury this season he couldn't get back in the side. Talk he had a falling out with mourinho but then who hasn't lately.

My point is that they have good cb but their just good and they need to be played a certain way to get the best out of them. As we seen last season that way of playing isn't popular amongst the fan base. So they need to get a cb who can change that, who can play in a more expansive style. Think mina is a long way down their list but if they do get him i think he'll start for them. That's my opinion on it anyway.

Looks like we can forget Mina, the guy has been a right pain in the bum just stringing us along as have Barca.

Need to look elsewhere for CBs, not sure about Rojo - injury wise!!!

Looks like we can forget Mina, the guy has been a right pain in the bum just stringing us along as have Barca.

Need to look elsewhere for CBs, not sure about Rojo - injury wise!!!
It’s clear he’s been waiting for a better offer.
Tbh it must be a bit difficult for the lad being hyped as the next world class cb at Barca to being moved on to a team who got embarrassed in the Europa league last year. It’s so important we get back in Europe and pick up some scalps next season to repair our rep

Not sure if this mess is his fault, Seems pretty certain that we want him but Barca want Pogba and are offering cash and players in exchange, that'll be Mina. So we're on hold till Barca fail or succeed in their Pogba bid.

United aren’t selling Pogba right on the deadline. Sky have some right red herrings. The stuff about Maguire as another example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back