2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
...just looked, Matip is 6ft 4in. That’s a much different frame to Holgate. Height is a massive ingredient for a CB. To say he’s got the same frame as Holgate is a bit like saying Matip has got the same frame as Bernard!!
Means he can handle himself in the air a bit better. You said you didn't think Holgate had the physicality. Matip is a beanpole compared to most CB's.

Not trying to argue, i think Holgate could be a really good CB. Not world class or anything but he's got a good all around game.

Sadly big yerry cleansheets had to deal with big daddy slab head next to him
Worth noting that Keane and Zouma have been involved in the majority of our recent clean sheets (as in last 12 PL games or since the turn of the year)

Not sure what Mina has done to earn tgat nickname that Keane hasn’t?

Means he can handle himself in the air a bit better. You said you didn't think Holgate had the physicality. Matip is a beanpole compared to most CB's.

Not trying to argue, i think Holgate could be a really good CB. Not world class or anything but he's got a good all around game.
[/QUOTE)

...if Holgate was in the queue, he wouldn’t have gone on loan to West Brom. If he was very good, Silva would’ve wanted access to him. Silva sent him out because he didn’t want to use him. We are stretched at CB, if we weren’t I think Holgate would be playing RB somewhere else.

Holgate is our defensive equivalent of DCL to me unfortunately.
Ok, let's not go overboard. He can at LEAST defend which is the opposite of what DCL is supposed to do.

Honestly, we really haven't seen a lot of him. And I hate the argument "well Silva sees him every day in training". Yeah, he also sees DCL every day in training. I don't give the slightest crap to what they do in training. If they don't do it where it matters what is the point?

That was a HUGE tangent btw, sorry.

Ok, let's not go overboard. He can at LEAST defend which is the opposite of what DCL is supposed to do.

Honestly, we really haven't seen a lot of him. And I hate the argument "well Silva sees him every day in training". Yeah, he also sees DCL every day in training. I don't give the slightest crap to what they do in training. If they don't do it where it matters what is the point?

That was a HUGE tangent btw, sorry.
I honestly don't think he can mate, he hasn't improved in all the time he has been here, very rash in his decision making and always liable to give away soft free kicks/penalties,just my own opinion,I may well be wrong, hope I am and he goes on to have a stellar career here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back