2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
These, for example.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/09/bl...n-okeefee-thinks-benitez-is-unsure-over-mina/

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/premier-league/benitez-quiere-lenglet-premier-sustituir-11908742

No doubt they will not satisfy you as you will set the journalistic bar for others at first hand quotes whilst using spurious links or simply Dave K speculation but there most certainly were reports.
He’s the best CB we have and the most dominant. The injuries and contract situation is a worry.

While we all think we need a RB, CM. Another top class wide player and a number 10. Which is all true, I do think if Rafael gets the funds, he will be targeting CB’s

He’s the best CB we have and the most dominant. The injuries and contract situation is a worry.

While we all think we need a RB, CM. Another top class wide player and a number 10. I do think if Rafael gets the funds, he will targeting CB’s
I agree he's our best CB. I think Rafael Benitez is an idiot and shouldn't be deciding on new CBs if he had a look at these this summer and decided that the one to go is Mina. I'd rather let Mina run down his contract next season than sell him for peanuts and sign some Sotirios Kyrgiakos equivalent.

I agree he's our best CB. I think Rafael Benitez is an idiot and shouldn't be deciding on new CBs if he had a look at these this summer and decided that the one to go is Mina. I'd rather let Mina run down his contract next season than sell him for peanuts and sign some Sotirios Kyrgiakos equivalent.
Suspect it’s his contract situation that led to decision to try to move him on. Can’t let a player with value like him get into the last 12 months of his contract and go for free. If they couldn’t get him to commit to a new deal last year then summer was the time to try to sell him.

Suspect it’s his contract situation that led to decision to try to move him on. Can’t let a player with value like him get into the last 12 months of his contract and go for free. If they couldn’t get him to commit to a new deal last year then summer was the time to try to sell him.
Maybe, we should keep him now though, if we sell him in January we'll be relegated.

I’m not sure we will do that, unless we get small offers. The problem is if he hasnt singed a new deal by the sumner. Then the last season will be going through the motions. With a World Cup in November and he can sign a pre contract in the January.

Look at cantwell Norwich. Dropped from the squad out of contract in the summer , Norwich probably forced to sell for 10mil or even less in January

Maybe, we should keep him now though, if we sell him in January we'll be relegated.
Agree, difference between selling in January with 18 months or summer with 12 months will be negligible. More important to keep him in the team this season. Just saying suspect it was more business dictating listening to offers for him in the summer past. We’re in a crap position with him now, all the power in his court.

Agree, difference between selling in January with 18 months or summer with 12 months will be negligible. More important to keep him in the team this season. Just saying suspect it was more business dictating listening to offers for him in the summer past. We’re in a crap position with him now, all the power in his court.
I do get the feeling, well it seems that way to me. That more players are running their contracts down, once they get the last year. Or more teams are reluctant to pay a fee.

Remember Liverpool paying 35mil for the Ox with a year left, we nearly got the same fir Barkley, we even got 15 with 6months left.
I very much doubt them deals happen now. Obviously covid has also played a part.

It’s like lingard or even pogba. I bet a few year’s ago utd would have been looking for maybe 20 lingard and 50 pogba with 6 months left.
I think both will now leave on free’s maybe lingard goes in jan for 5mil,

I do get the feeling, well it seems that way to me. That more players are running their contracts down, once they get the last year. Or more teams are reluctant to pay a fee.

Remember Liverpool paying 35mil for the Ox with a year left, we nearly got the same fir Barkley, we even got 15 with 6months left.
I very much doubt them deals happen now. Obviously covid has also played a part.

It’s like lingard or even pogba. I bet a few year’s ago utd would have been looking for maybe 20 lingard and 50 pogba with 6 months left.
I think both will now leave on free’s maybe lingard goes in jan for 5mil,
Can’t remember who it was but there was a manager on Talksport a month or two ago talking about how transfer economics has changed over the last year/two years. Basically saying the difficult thing used to be signing players, now the difficult thing is getting existing players to sign new contracts. Was saying its increasingly difficult because clubs are shifting strategy to sign players with no transfer fee and in return the players and agents get big signing on fees and increased wages.

Win Win for everyone except the club losing the player with no fee. Pogba, Lingard are good examples, we’re only going to see more of it.

Can’t remember who it was but there was a manager on Talksport a month or two ago talking about how transfer economics has changed over the last year/two years. Basically saying the difficult thing used to be signing players, now the difficult thing is getting existing players to sign new contracts. Was saying its increasingly difficult because clubs are shifting strategy to sign players with no transfer fee and in return the players and agents get big signing on fees and increased wages.

Win Win for everyone except the club losing the player with no fee. Pogba, Lingard are good examples, we’re only going to see more of it.
Yes I think it was @Zatara who put a list up of free agents this summer, impressive list to be fair. It’s maybe clubs like us that will be forced to try and buy them in jan for a fee. Though I’d imagine most will already know which clubs are interested in them.

Yes I think it was @Zatara who put a list up of free agents this summer, impressive list to be fair. It’s maybe clubs like us that will be forced to try and buy them in jan for a fee. Though I’d imagine most will already know which clubs are interested in them.

2023 (including Mina and Allan)

Thats what were dealing with and if the rumours are true and his agent is touting him around then the best we can hope for is a sale in Jan/summer for north of £20mil

A fit Mina on a long deal would be double or triple that value...

Thats a fair point, its a risk.

But the same for any player really, if we could sell him in January and pick up Romagnoli, Sule or Ginter (whose contracts expire this coming summer) for similar/lower wages and breakeven on their sign on/agent fees then it could make sense.

Thats a fair point, its a risk.

But the same for any player really, if we could sell him in January and pick up Romagnoli, Sule or Ginter (whose contracts expire this coming summer) for similar/lower wages and breakeven on their sign on/agent fees then it could make sense.
We ain't getting any of those guys, maybe Martin Skrtel?

While we all think we need a RB, CM. Another top class wide player and a number 10. Which is all true, I do think if Rafael gets the funds, he will be targeting CB’s
Whilst I agree with you it’s going to be criminal if we continue with coleman at right back. It’s like coleman himself and I fully get it too, can’t accept he can’t do things he could do five years ago. My fear last night was traore coming on and just ripping him a new one. Say for instance Mane up against him in a few weeks or sterling. It’s going to be horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.