2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, it can’t be compared to a normal job and footballers have great privileges, once they achieve a level of status and success. But what you have also forgotten is that no just any other, poor Colombian or carpenter, wanting to have that lifestyle will just simply achieve it. Many of these footballers have to work hard to get there and they have already made a lot of sacrifices on their way to success. No everyone has the talent, self determination, hard work and is willing to put the sacrifice to get to do that job, that’s why some people are carpenters and no footballers. Regardless, Mina and any other footballer should have the right to be with their missus during this time, that should actually not be considered a privileged but a right.
I think JimmyK's post explained it well, so there is really no more to elaborate.

At the same time, we are at the core here. This applies in general, and not necessarily to MIna. Many football players are very happy to have reached a certain level, and would like to enjoy the benefits already now. Which is understandable. But the really good players are not happy or satisfied, and are willing to continue to sacrifice quite a bit to become a winner. My suspicion is that we have too many of the former in today's squad.

I think JimmyK's post explained it well, so there is really no more to elaborate.

At the same time, we are at the core here. This applies in general, and not necessarily to MIna. Many football players are very happy to have reached a certain level, and would like to enjoy the benefits already now. Which is understandable. But the really good players are not happy or satisfied, and are willing to continue to sacrifice quite a bit to become a winner. My suspicion is that we have too many of the former in today's squad.
My opinion is that fans have too great expectations because of the money footballers earn but they are just human beings like all of us. And for the most important moments in life, it shouldn’t matter the money you make or the profession you pursue to be able able to experience them. But that’s probably my sensitive self talking.

He was probably in his best run of form before the injury but definitely not going to get carried away by his return. In the circus that is our defence he's more than capable of putting on his own tragic show.

My opinion is that fans have too great expectations because of the money footballers earn but they are just human beings like all of us. And for the most important moments in life, it shouldn’t matter the money you make or the profession you pursue to be able able to experience them. But that’s probably my sensitive self talking.

….it’s a balance, let’s not forget a footballer's day isn’t usually 8 hours in an office or on a building site. They often finish for the day in early afternoon.

Whilst it’s only right they should be at the birth of a child and even have a number of days off, he should certainly be back at USM FF now. He’s a professional athlete, he should be busting a gut to play, and if he has got an injury it should be treated here.

The excuse that he's injured doesn't really stand up, because he has been injured regularly throughout his time here. It seems pretty unlikely he won't pick up another injury once he comes back.

Would love to see him become a legend for us. He got all the attributes, but he‘s no use if he’s not playing. Can’t build a defence around a player who’s out as often as he is, no matter how good he might be.

I have no idea if he’s just been unlucky with these injuries & will turn out to be a stalwart or is he a crock? Or what his attitude & level of commitment are.

We can only hope the club has a handle on it. Based on what we’ve seen so far, I wouldn’t be upset to see him offloaded & his wages freed up for players who can contribute.

A17BF8D4-C6B7-4FAD-8B26-C56D6EEA2E27.jpeg

Training early November….
Will be assessed for our game Monday. The 6th December ?

Status
Not open for further replies.