Yes Ndidi ?

Yes Ndidi ?

• Sign him

• Dont sign him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
With the strong Wilfred Ndidi links coming out, I thought it may be a nice distraction from all the (no money) negativity to discuss him.

The injuries are a concern: https://www.transfermarkt.com/wilfred-ndidi/verletzungen/spieler/274839

But it seems like when fit hes on the pitch as much as possible: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/327683/History/Wilfred-Ndidi

Would be be Gana's replacement, backup or midfield partner?

I think the key here is for him to join the club asap with Dyche then putting him on the DCL rehab program.

Its a Yes Ndidi from me ;)

23/24 unknown injury Dec 29, 2023 Mar 3, 2024 65 days Leicester City 14
21/22 Knee injury Mar 17, 2022 May 30, 2022 74 days Leicester CityNigeria 20
20/21 Hamstring strain Jan 28, 2021 Feb 8, 2021 11 days Leicester City 3
20/21 Adductor injury Sep 21, 2020 Dec 3, 2020 73 days Leicester City 18

Missed over 50 games the last 3 seasons, we really need somebody we can rely on, injuries happen to every player, but this fella seems to have had a lot.

Considering that we will potentially have a smaller squad next season, we cant afford to waste a spot on somebody so unreliable.

Good player, but im not sure we can afford to take the chance on him.

He would be a "free" transfer.

So it would either be 100k a week for a very decent player or 100k on somebody constantly injured.
Yep, as you noted $100k for a player that's availability is dubious isnt really a path I'd go down. Do we need an Alli replacement? do we think the physio will get lonely?

$100k pw contracts are probably something we should avoid unless the player is truly exceptional. Sure, wages are exploding in the industry but throwing huge contracts at players is why we are in this mess. We probably should be more selective.

Not for me.

We don’t need anymore Sick Notes.

Somewhat interestingly (at least for me) Onana has started 21 league games with 6 sub appearances this season.

So with that in mind, if Ndidi were to continue playing the amount of games he has over the past two seasons then he would be a direct replacement.

If we were able to effectively 'swap' them and bank the cash from an Onana sale then it looks to be a good deal.

A central midfield consisting of Garner, Gana and Ndidi would 'only' require one more addition.

Somewhat interestingly (at least for me) Onana has started 21 league games with 6 sub appearances this season.

So with that in mind, if Ndidi were to continue playing the amount of games he has over the past two seasons then he would be a direct replacement.

If we were able to effectively 'swap' them and bank the cash from an Onana sale then it looks to be a good deal.

A central midfield consisting of Garner, Gana and Ndidi would 'only' require one more addition.
At $100k pw? Nah

It's very simple. We can't afford to pay him 100k a week. If we're serious, given he's a free, offer what we can afford/what we think he's worth- say for arguments' sake 60k. If he (his agent) says no- (more than likely a better offer will come), then move on to other targets. Don't hang around for months pinning our hopes on him.

I don’t think clubs will be queuing up for him because of the injury record so I don’t know why we (who are skint) would be paying him 100kpw to get him in? I think we’re over that mad stage of burning money now.
For a sensible deal he’s a good player and would be a very good free replacement for Onana who will almost certainly be off.

At $100k pw? Nah

It's very simple. We can't afford to pay him 100k a week. If we're serious, given he's a free, offer what we can afford/what we think he's worth- say for arguments' sake 60k. If he (his agent) says no- (more than likely a better offer will come), then move on to other targets. Don't hang around for months pinning our hopes on him.

I don’t think clubs will be queuing up for him because of the injury record so I don’t know why we (who are skint) would be paying him 100kpw to get him in? I think we’re over that mad stage of burning money now.
For a sensible deal he’s a good player and would be a very good free replacement for Onana who will almost certainly be off.

Where has this £100k a week come from?

I've not seen that mentioned anywhere online...

….ha, ha his own ‘coming to Everton’ thread, ffs;

IMG_8786.jpeg

Last edited:
I admit I took it from the posts above and assumed it would be about what it took. Either way we will need to be stringent with pay packets.

I see you relied on @Goat for the £100k.

Perhaps not the most logical or reliable 'source' of information.

Nevertheless, on a 3 year deal it would mean £15.6mil for an experienced player coming into their prime. Only 2-.2.5 years ago you'd have been hard pushed to do a deal under £50mil for him with that salary on top.