Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galloway, Browning and Pennington are battling for who should come back and be in the fold and who will probably have to prove themselves to potential suitors. I hope all the boys get plenty of game time and acquitt themselves well.

Browning yes. I'm not so sure I see a path back for Galloway or Pennington though. Those might turn into auditions for a perm move.

I've always been really high on Browning though. He is absolutely built like a Premier League Centre Half. Been unlucky on the injury front which has held him back.

Regarding Galloway, there is chatter we need a left footed defender, who can play in a back three, centrally in a back 4, or fill in at LB. Well that's Galloway to a "T". Yet he's been allowed to leave on loan.

Which tells me RK likes Connolly much better especially because he's not even left footed.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/joe-williams-video/

"The Championship is fast, it's frantic, played at a high-tempo. I spoke with Gethin (Jones) who was here last season about it and he told me the atmosphere is electric and everything is so fast. I think the division should suit my game.

"Everybody I've asked has had great words for Barnsley, they couldn't speak any more highly of the Club and I've been really impressed myself since I've got here. I've met the Gaffer and he's explained his plans for me and I feel he's the perfect manager to bring me on as a player, to develop my game."

Browning yes. I'm not so sure I see a path back for Galloway or Pennington though. Those might turn into auditions for a perm move.

I've always been really high on Browning though. He is absolutely built like a Premier League Centre Half. Been unlucky on the injury front which has held him back.

I rate Galloway more highly than Browning. However I suppose you could make a case for both of them making it. Koeman doesn't rate Funes Mori this is probably Williams last season and Jagielka is done in my opinion. So get someone in now bring them back with a season of football under there belts and we might just save a fortune. Pennington is unlikely as he doesn't have Brownings strength and speed and isn't as good a footballer as Galloway. Joe Williams is probably another player waiting for a few ahead of him to be moved on. I know nothing of Onyekuru other than he's an attacking player. Is he a 9 or a 10 a winger a wide forward, no doubt I'll find more out watching this thread.

I rate Galloway more highly than Browning. However I suppose you could make a case for both of them making it. Koeman doesn't rate Funes Mori this is probably Williams last season and Jagielka is done in my opinion. So get someone in now bring them back with a season of football under there belts and we might just save a fortune. Pennington is unlikely as he doesn't have Brownings strength and speed and isn't as good a footballer as Galloway. Joe Williams is probably another player waiting for a few ahead of him to be moved on. I know nothing of Onyekuru other than he's an attacking player. Is he a 9 or a 10 a winger a wide forward, no doubt I'll find more out watching this thread.
Football Manager has him down as a left sided winger, similar to Lookman. Whether that translates to really of a different question of course.

Regarding Galloway, there is chatter we need a left footed defender, who can play in a back three, centrally in a back 4, or fill in at LB. Well that's Galloway to a "T". Yet he's been allowed to leave on loan.

Which tells me RK likes Connolly much better especially because he's not even left footed.

@messymascot my thoughts on Galloway. It's not that I don't rate him, I just don't see the signs that RK does.

@messymascot my thoughts on Galloway. It's not that I don't rate him, I just don't see the signs that RK does.

I think you could be right which is a shame. He has no fear of youth as he already has Holgate in and around the team. I suppose it boils down to personal preference and it's up to Galloway to prove him wrong. Luke Garbutt is another one who has seemingly been dismissed but that's more understandable as he is of an age where he should be pushing Baines hard and he isn't. I don't think Liam Walsh is a Koeman player either.

I think you could be right which is a shame. He has no fear of youth as he already has Holgate in and around the team. I suppose it boils down to personal preference and it's up to Galloway to prove him wrong. Luke Garbutt is another one who has seemingly been dismissed but that's more understandable as he is of an age where he should be pushing Baines hard and he isn't. I don't think Liam Walsh is a Koeman player either.

The good news is if he does really well, he can play his way back into the frame. After last year's lost year, I think BG really has to play like he's better than the Championship at this point.

From the highlights I have seen, he is a left sided (winger/forward). Very similar to Lookman, but with maybe more of a natural goalscorer streak. If you compare with Koeman's Southampton he is looking to fill in the Mane role. The scoring wing-forward who attacks with dribbling and pace.

Tyias Browning receiving praise from Sunderland Manager Simon Grayson

http://www.[Poor language removed]/...impressive-sunderland-recruit-tyias-browning/

On-loan defender impressing new Sunderland boss with pre-season displays.

If Sunderland’s Championship campaign were to start today, it appears Tyias Browning would be among the first on Simon Grayson’s teamsheet.

The on-loan Everton defender has been singled out for praise by the new Black Cats boss, who believes Browning is one of a group of players who is proving he is ready to be picked in the first team.

“I think there’s been some players that have contributed really well and said I’m ready to be picked,” Grayson told the Sunderland Echo.

“You’d look at someone like Tyias Browning, he’s come in the last couple of games and done really well.

“His application has been really good, as it has been with some of the other players,” Grayson added.

Although he made his Sunderland debut in an eye-opening 3-0 loss to St Johnstone, Browning has since started two consecutive wins over Hartlepool and Bradford City, playing 59 and 79 minutes respectively.

The 23-year-old right back made the temporary move to the Stadium of Light with Everton teammate Brendan Galloway this summer.

With Adam Matthews, Billy Jones and Donald Love all able to play at right-back, Browning has competition for his place at his new club but looks to be winning the battle with his early displays.

As well as Browning, the Sunderland Echo’s report also had a word of praise for youngster Josh Maja, who has netted the opening goal in each of the last two fixtures.

With only James Vaughan on the books as a senior striker, a few more goals in the remaining two pre-season fixtures could see the 18-year-old included in first-team squads as the second-tier season gets underway.

As in previous seasons, I'll try and make this a thread for those EFC players out on loan at some point during the year.

For those are new and/or who haven't seen these threads before, we try to keep up with the reports on and videos of EFC players both at home and abroad, how they are doing and, equally, how fans of the teams they are playing for think they are doing.

The young is kind of vague, but generally it means I'd be looking at covering a Tyias Browning or a Luke Garbutt but not an Aidan McGeady. Someone who is still trying to break into the first-team squad at some point.

Since @GrandOldTeam has been busy making individual player threads, I suppose it can't hurt to start listing the loans which are already agreed (shout out if I am missing anyone):

Tyias Browning (Sunderland)
Brendan Galloway (Sunderland)
Joe Williams (Barnsley)
Matthew Pennington (Leeds United)
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht)

I'll probably start doing the proper match coverage at the start of the season but please jump in if there is any discussion about our players going on loan or playing in pre-season...
The best thing on the internet - thanks for all your hard work.

I'll be really keen on watching Joe Williams at Barnsley. He gets lost in the mix with all the other high end talent, but he's well thought of at the club. He's more Tom Davies than Kieran Dowell. Great engine, more skill than it first appears, does the little things that the average fan might not notice. And he's a Scouse Blue.

Rooting for him to take his chance.

Yes would love to see Joe have a good season at Barnsley, he came back half way through last season after a very bad injury and did okay, after a good rest in the summer I hope he will/ can get back to being the very good player he was before the injury. Wishing you a very good year Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back