Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s quick enough physically, but playing with us at league one and championship level he was so far in front of his opponents in his mind, he was always in a position we’re he never had to chase people or scramble back, he just costed through games looking a class above.

Makes sense, seems the same for Swansea also...their only notable defender.

Whose next on your conveyor belt?

FA Cup
Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Middlesbrough

OS Match Report
"After seeing Maja strike the woodwork, Coleman then watched on as Browning powered a header towards goal where Darron Randolph made a stunning point-blank save."

Twitter stuff
69' Randolph produces an outstanding point-blank save to push @tybrowning's header over the crossbar.

No particular comments about Browning - Brendan Galloway was an unused sub at the match.

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match in 1-2 home defeat to Huddersfield Town

OS Match Report
"The game started with gusto, with Antonee Robinson – fresh from extending his loan with the Whites until the end of the campaign – tricking his way into the box before unleashing a dangerous ball across goal which the Terriers cleared at the death."

Fan comments
"Made Robinson motm"
"Thought Morais played well along with Robinson, Ameobi and Little."

Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"Town started on the front foot, with Connolly threatening an opener, then Blues having a handball claim after Luke Chambers had headed goalwards from a corner."
"Connolly headed over but it needed an excellent save from Bialkowski to prevent Samir Carruthers making it two for the visitors after Sharp’s terrific pass."

Twitter stuff
28' Callum Connolly is still receiving treatment off the pitch. The Everton loanee appears to have a bloody nose.
67' CHANCE! Celina's cross was met at full stretch by Connolly, but he couldn't quite keep his header down

Fan comments
"I thought Connolly was very good. So mature on the ball and in his decision making. If we had the money, I'd make him Skuse's replacement."

Barnsley - Joe Williams started and was sent off in the 52nd minute of 1-4 away defeat to Millwall

OS Match Report
"Five minutes later and the game was effectively killed off as a contest when Williams lunged into a tackle on the far side, taking out Wallace and the referee Mr Bond sent him off."

Fan comments
"Williams has been lucky not to have been sent off before , makes some stupid challenges"
"I thought he was a great acquisition. Last couple of games hasn’t been as good, but still a good player. Definitely buy him and he will develop."
"Our best midfield player, more disappointed in him missing 3 league games than the loss today"
"I like Williams, a good wholehearted player who gives his all even when not playing well but he has a habit of getting himself into trouble on the pitch even when he isn't involved. Sending off doesn't come as a surprise to me. Maturity and experience will hopefully sort that out. Shame it wont be with us"
"I think that could be a huge blessing in disguise. I don't think Williams is anywhere near as good yet as some think he is."
Our loanees always appear to be on the losing side.lol

Both @Eggs and myself like the look of Mawson. Reminds me a bit of John Terry. @NIGHTMARE how is he for pace? He looks very good in everything but hard to tell if he could play in a high defensive line as Swansea are so deep every game.

Graveson was an attacking player though? Don't you mean Carsley lol (that old joke!)...

Sounds like Williams is quite similar to McCarthy?

Just meant the way he moves around the pitch. McCarthy is a decent shout.

Anybody know if Henry needs an operation or if we are going with rehab, it’s not clear?

Anderlecht said he needed surgery, would be out for 6 months. Our staff say he won't, and should be back in 6 weeks possibly.

Kieran dowell is starting for forest against Arsenal in the fa cup. Game about to start

Watching now. Hasn't done much, struggled to get on the ball, but good delivery for the opener. Watched their last game, and the right winger Matty Cash looks good.

Makes sense, seems the same for Swansea also...their only notable defender.

Whose next on your conveyor belt?

I finish work at 13-15 on a Friday, the U23s kickoff at 13-00 normally, so I call down Oakwell on my way home and watch the last 60 minuets, Matty Wolfe, is the stand out player for me most weeks, he’s a long lad in the middle of the park, old fashioned box to box type player, good sense of danger, brilliant range of passes, seems to float across the ground despite being a big lad, I’d guess he’s about 6’3” ish, he’s only 17 years old and hasn’t had a sniff of the first team yet, but it’ll not be long before he ether gets a chance in our first team, or some shithouse for the premier league nicks him.

At U23S matches I keep hearing conversations about our really young kids, under 9s 10s and 11s they’re absolutely hammering every team they play with cricket scores to nil, apparently 4 or 5 years ago the club invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in employing FA licensed coaches to go into all the schools in our area every week and teach the kids as 6 year olds and upwards and it’s starting to pay off.

Last edited:
FA Cup
Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell started, scored and was substituted in the 93rd minute of 4-2 home win over Arsenal

OS Match Report
"Dowell had done well to initially win a free kick on the byline, then the loanee delivered a dangerous free kick straight at Ospina, and the full back dived in front of the keeper to head into the roof of the net."
"Dowell assumed penalty taking duties and, despite slipping when kicking it, sent the ball high into Ospina's net, cueing a raft of protests from the Arsenal players who believed he kicked the ball twice."

Twitter stuff

21' #NFFC 1-0 Arsenal: Kieran Dowell's powerful free-kick is headed home at close range by Eric Lichaj as Forest take a first-half lead.
85' #NFFC 3-2 Arsenal: Kieran Dowell scores the penalty but the referee goes over to talk to his assistant...
87' #NFFC 4-2 Arsenal: After discussions with his assistant referee, Jonathan Moss awards the goal and Forest restore their two-goal lead.
90+3' #NFFC 4-2 Arsenal: Final substitution for Forest as Matt Mills replaces Kieran Dowell. Barrie McKay had come on for Matty Cash minutes before.

No particular comments picking him out apart from universal general praise for team performance amidst Forest fan delirium...

Matthew Pennington was not in squad for Leeds match.

FA Cup
Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell started, scored and was substituted in the 93rd minute of 4-2 home win over Arsenal

OS Match Report
"Dowell had done well to initially win a free kick on the byline, then the loanee delivered a dangerous free kick straight at Ospina, and the full back dived in front of the keeper to head into the roof of the net."
"Dowell assumed penalty taking duties and, despite slipping when kicking it, sent the ball high into Ospina's net, cueing a raft of protests from the Arsenal players who believed he kicked the ball twice."

Twitter stuff

21' #NFFC 1-0 Arsenal: Kieran Dowell's powerful free-kick is headed home at close range by Eric Lichaj as Forest take a first-half lead.
85' #NFFC 3-2 Arsenal: Kieran Dowell scores the penalty but the referee goes over to talk to his assistant...
87' #NFFC 4-2 Arsenal: After discussions with his assistant referee, Jonathan Moss awards the goal and Forest restore their two-goal lead.
90+3' #NFFC 4-2 Arsenal: Final substitution for Forest as Matt Mills replaces Kieran Dowell. Barrie McKay had come on for Matty Cash minutes before.

No particular comments picking him out apart from universal general praise for team performance amidst Forest fan delirium...

Matthew Pennington was not in squad for Leeds match.

..there were rumours that Leeds were keen to make Pennington’s deal permanent. I assume he’s injured if he wasn’t in the squad unless Everton had a clause that he couldn’t play in the Cup.

Onyekuru.webp

Concerning Onyekuru's knee:

"The whole Onyekuru affair is very bizarre. He (=Onyekuru) told me that he can be fit in two weeks. Yes he can continue without an operation, but he risks blowing his entire knee and that's not a risk RSCA is willing to take. I understand he wants to go to the WC, but I (manager) and the club are convinced that he really needs an operation.

Onyekuru returned to Everton

"They have to decide, in accordance with the player, but once they see the results of all the medical examinations they should reach the same conclusion. If Onyekuru blows his knee, then Everton has spent millions for nothing (money down the drain etc...)."

Another update from today (well technically yesterday) from Onyekuru:

"Everton beslist om voorlopig niet te opereren en drie weken te wachten", zegt Van Holsbeeck. "Als ze daarna het licht op groen zetten, mag Hein Vanhaezebrouck hem meteen weer opstellen van mij. Het is Everton hun speler van acht miljoen euro he."

Hoe dan ook is Van Holsbeeck zelf ervan overtuigd dat een operatie wel degelijk nodig is. "Ik ken de dokter die Onyekuru in België onderzocht heeft. Toen die aan Andy Najar zei dat een operatie nodig was, sprak Najar dat ook tegen. Acht maanden later moest hij dan toch geopereerd worden en daar hebben we nu spijt van."

(General Manager of Anderlecht)

"Everton have decided, for now, not to operate and wait for three weeks. If afterwards they give the all-clear, then I'll allow our coach to play him. At the end of the day it's Everton's 8 million player. Even though we remain convinced that an operation is absolutely necessary. I know the doctor who examined Onyekuru in Belgium. When he told Najar that an operation was necessary, Najar said no. Eight months later he still ended up having an operation and we regret it to this day (Najar one of the best RSCA players; since that ordeal he's a perma-crock like Wilshere etc...).

[it's a good doctor btw; he operated Ballack, Kaka, Izaghi, ...]

Another update from today (well technically yesterday) from Onyekuru:

"Everton beslist om voorlopig niet te opereren en drie weken te wachten", zegt Van Holsbeeck. "Als ze daarna het licht op groen zetten, mag Hein Vanhaezebrouck hem meteen weer opstellen van mij. Het is Everton hun speler van acht miljoen euro he."

Hoe dan ook is Van Holsbeeck zelf ervan overtuigd dat een operatie wel degelijk nodig is. "Ik ken de dokter die Onyekuru in België onderzocht heeft. Toen die aan Andy Najar zei dat een operatie nodig was, sprak Najar dat ook tegen. Acht maanden later moest hij dan toch geopereerd worden en daar hebben we nu spijt van."

(General Manager of Anderlecht)

"Everton have decided, for now, not to operate and wait for three weeks. If afterwards they give the all-clear, then I'll allow our coach to play him. At the end of the day it's Everton's 8 million player. Even though we remain convinced that an operation is absolutely necessary. I know the doctor who examined Onyekuru in Belgium. When he told Najar that an operation was necessary, Najar said no. Eight months later he still ended up having an operation and we regret it to this day (Najar one of the best RSCA players; since that ordeal he's a perma-crock like Wilshere etc...).

[it's a good doctor btw; he operated Ballack, Kaka, Izaghi, ...]

You'd hope we/he won't be so dumb trying to get himself to a World Cup at the risk of permanent damage. At his age he'll get another chance.

You'd hope we/he won't be so dumb trying to get himself to a World Cup at the risk of permanent damage. At his age he'll get another chance.
It’s odd . You’d expect us to be in the “ no you can’t play him , he needs an op” camp , as it won’t affect us this season but may well do if he needs an op next season. I had a knee op 3 weeks ago and prior to it did a lot of reading , consensus was have the op , get it done , though there were a few stories about people who managed the injury by strengthening various leg muscles. So there will always be differing opinions. I would add that it was a different type of knee injury,and come to think of it completly irrelevant to this debate :blush:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back