CB - Oliver Cromwell

RB - Francis Drake

LM - Frank Whittle

CM - Florance Nightingale

CM - Isaac Newton

RM - Amy Johnson

ST - Roger Bannister

ST - Charles Dickens

Good solid defence, creative midfield with some impressive wingers, two good finishers and a genius to look after the net.

There's this star Winger coming up through the non-leagues I think you should scout. Goes by the name of Shakespeare.

I'll give it a go.

GK - Tim Berners-Lee

LB - Lord Nelson

CB - Winston Churchill

CB - Oliver Cromwell

RB - Francis Drake

LM - Frank Whittle

CM - Florance Nightingale

CM - Isaac Newton

RM - Amy Johnson

ST - Roger Bannister

ST - Charles Dickens

Good solid defence, creative midfield with some impressive wingers, two good finishers and a genius to look after the net.

You've missed out our star striker - the incomparable Billy Shakespeare. Committed to his team and his country (As well as the obvious Henry V, try reading John of Gaunt's speech in Richard II), powerful (See Hamlet) and to defenders, he was as slippery as a lemon pip (ref: Twelfth Night, Midsummer Nights Dream, Comedy of Errors). He also tackled like a demon (King Lear) and passed the ball accurately (Measure for Measure).

After a slightly hesitant start in the Premiership (Two Gentlemen of Verona) he just got better and better. Perhaps his best seasons came around 1600 when he scored in virtually every game he played.

He started out with lower league Stratford but quickly came to the attention of the bigger London clubs, transferring in about 1590 to the South Bank where he became a legend.

He was adored by the fans and they still talk of him today and go all misty-eyed on the terraces at Stratford and on the South Bank...

Last edited:
The MLS all stars got me thinking randomly about the best 11 people to come out of your country. Of all time.

I reckon Australia's All star Team would look like this

GK - Sir Henry Parkes - The Father of Federation

RB - Sir Charles Kingsford Smith - Pioneer Aviator

LB - Dr Fred Hollows - Legendary Eye Surgeon

CB - Rupert Murdoch - Media Magnate

CB - Henry Lawson - Poet

RM - Bennelong - Most well known Indigenous Australian

LM - Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop - First world war Feild Surgeon

CM - Ned Kelly - Bushranger

CM - Caroline Chisholm - Pioneering Social Worker

ST - Errol Flynn - Actor

ST - Sir Don Bradman - Cricket's Pele

Bench - Edith Cowan (First female Magistrate), Sir Douglas Mawson (Explorer), Dame Edna Everigde (entertainer), Eddie Mabo (Aboriginal rights activist), Norman Lindsay (Artist), Dawn Fraser (Olympic Swimmer), Dame Joan Sutherland (singer).

Any one reckon they their country could beat that line up?
I can just imagine it now, Caroline Chrisholm spraying the passes in the middle of the park, Ned Kelly diving into all those heavy challenges, Errol Flynn knocking them in for fun...

edit* I know the forum has a strict no-swearing policy but Rupert Murdoch really is the mother of all c**ts

I can just imagine it now, Caroline Chrisholm spraying the passes in the middle of the park, Ned Kelly diving into all those heavy challenges, Errol Flynn knocking them in for fun...

edit* I know the forum has a strict no-swearing policy but Rupert Murdoch really is the mother of all c**ts

The perfect central defender. It was a close call between Kerry Packer, Richard Pratt, Lydnsey Fox and Gerry Harvey. Maybe even Robert Holmes Acourt, but Murdoch's the guy you want in your backline.

Any room for Boudecia in your squad? She's pretty fit i hear.

Scottish All Star XI

GK - William Wallace : Big, loud and scary, great organiser & motivator.

DL - Dr. David Livingstone : Intelligent, never afraid to go on explorational runs (may go missing)

DC - Gordon Ramsey : Loud, imposing, commanding with famed take-no-prisoner style.

DC - Tony Blair : Perfect foil for Ramsey with his quiet, thoughtful, intelligent leadership.

DR - Sean Connery : Versatile, reliable and able to go on rampaging runs on enemy grounds without getting caught.

ML - Jackie Stewart : Blisteringly quick, fantastic turn of pace, chips in by consistently getting across the line.

MC - Robert the Bruce : Perfect link-up man between sides, unifying attack & defence.

MC - Alex G. Bell : Outstandingly inventive - unending bag of tricks and fantastic communicator to boot!

MR - Andy Murray : Strong, fast, young, consistent with real 'must win' mentality and belter of a shot.

FC - Billy Connelly : Always offensive, unpredictable and in the faces of opponents.

FC - Rod Stewart : Silky smooth operator, anything he touches is going to be a hit.

Subs;

Alexander Fleming.
Robert Burns.
J.M. Barrie.
The Proclaimers.
Chris Hoy.
Gavin Hastings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back