Your song pick for Everton - equivalent to "YNWA"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it mate. The build up before the games playing songs that are already historically linked to us, Z-cars starts followed by that roar. What can be better than that?

I agree mate ,why change something that's working. Playing some of these songs suggested would be like having goal music and handing out clappers

Not dissing z cars the lads will always stride on to GP to the famous pipes and drums but we as a club need a decent SONG!

Listening to James Blunt's "bonfire hearts" I thought the foot stomping chorus was us:

[Chorus:]
Days like these lead to...
Nights like this lead to
Love like ours.
You light the spark in my bonfire heart.
People like us—we don’t
Need that much, just some-
One that starts,
Starts the spark in our bonfire hearts

Any other ideas.

I have a special cell in Chateau D'If reserved for people like you.

If you need something with words, go for "Johnny Todd" which is the Liverpool folk song Z Cars is based on.

I actually do a decent acoustic version, when I grow a pair I'll put it on YouTube and you can all slate me.

The ballad of Johnny Todd by Bob Dylan.

Was it written by Dylan? I assumed it was a traditional Liverpool folk song that he picked up when he visited the city. Either way, great song.

Why would we want to copy Liverpool ?

this. i don't want a cringing awful dirge which thinks it's more worthy than Ghandi as a song, much prefer the upbeat z-cars and Grand Old Team. suits our personality better, in that we don't take things as seriously as they do.

I know a good one lads. Not sure what it's called, but I know the lyrics...

"Everton, Everton, Evertoooon,Everton, Everton, Evertooon, Everton, EV-ER-TON"

I have a special cell in Chateau D'If reserved for people like you.

I actually do a decent acoustic version, when I grow a pair I'll put it on YouTube and you can all slate me.

Was it written by Dylan? I assumed it was a traditional Liverpool folk song that he picked up when he visited the city. Either way, great song.
was written by Frank Kidson 1891.

Z-Cars does me just fine

But i must admit i would love a bit of Ac/Dc Hells Bells, have to admit that gets me wound up everytime

Nothing comes close to Z-Cars and that feeling you get when you hear it on a match day coupled with the Goodison roar.

If you want something with words, Forever Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back