2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

More game time, he came on in the 80th minute, hardly time to give a decent account of himself.
Well I don’t think this short ten minutes helps anyone at the end of the game but the lad gave three stupid fouls away and messed up a chance of a breakaway goal. Michael Keane gets plenty of stick on here including plenty off me but I would have much seen him come on for those last few minutes playing up front rather an an inexperienced youngster. Keane has got a shot on him and decent ball control while the young lad is very raw being honest and Keane would have been a better choice, maybe on Saturday against his old club, then again I hope we are not desperately in need of a sub on Saturday

…..you’d have to be seriously convinced he’s a real talent for a club like ours to invest €15m in an untried and unknown youngster. I keep reading ‘he’s one for the future’ and ‘he’s not being given a chance’ but I’d just like to see one sign that we’ve invested well but I’ve seen nothing.

It’s not like he has much to leapfrog, hopefully Thelwell gets this one right.

Hasn’t played 90 mins and has three yellows.
referee today was like a broadway diva, it was all about him. From the first corner where he stopped the game twice to become the spectacle, he repeatedly missed fouls. A very poor performance, just glad we scored from distance.