Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing that the hard work that has been made on our defence was unravelled by errors once again. Hopefully just a bad night at the office.

I'll get killed for saying this and I'm not making excuses but take away stupid individual mistakes, even in the nonsense that got their third chalked off, and really it's just a bit of a bad day at the office for us. People lost the plot at the thing that came out last season about "expected losses" but they are real things, I don't anticipate getting any points from the top 6 this season so any that we do get are a bonus.

United are very clearly a very good side that have been in decline for years whereas we have been a bad side that hopefully will be on the ascent. Nothing wrong losing the points, some players will just have to look at themselves and try again next week, simply put.
Nah that’s reaching. We are terrible tactically. Our players aren’t very good and the manager is a charlatan. He will keep us up again so there is that. Let the good times roll?

Antony, Fernandes, Erikson, Rashford, Ronaldo even Martial, you allow these players to play and they will punish you. They should have been out of sight at half time. We were crap but it’s nothing more than a bad day at the office, we could have scraped a draw at the end. We still look much better than last season

I'll get killed for saying this and I'm not making excuses but take away stupid individual mistakes, even in the nonsense that got their third chalked off, and really it's just a bit of a bad day at the office for us. People lost the plot at the thing that came out last season about "expected losses" but they are real things, I don't anticipate getting any points from the top 6 this season so any that we do get are a bonus.

United are very clearly a very good side that have been in decline for years whereas we have been a bad side that hopefully will be on the ascent. Nothing wrong losing the points, some players will just have to look at themselves and try again next week, simply put.
I disagree. Utd are crap. They’re a team low on confidence with too many prima donnas. If you go after them like Brentford did, they fall apart. We had the perfect chance to do what Brentford did when we went 1-0 up, but instead we back pedalled. It was our own fault we lost!

We literally lost to 2 defensive mistakes tonight, we started decent then sat back too deep and got caught, regardless, we got a better defence than last year where we would have capitulated luke Palace in the cup. That's all I've heard ppl say. No ones claiming were the famous arsenal back 4 reborn

Of course we're in a rebuild this isn't news mate

Still unsure of what this reality check is!

?????? what idiot said that?
The reality check is everyone talking about best defense so far etc, media too
It's not tough to understand.
The reality is we lost at home to a Utd team that conceded 8 in their last two and travelled out of Europe a few days ago
I'm still happy all things considered, and the reality check is keeping our feet on the ground

Gordon needs resting until the transfer window opens again.
See if Chelsea have had their eyes shut and still want to offer some cash.
Gordon might have a face only his mother could love but he’s still a good player. I see a lot of you wrote this lad off every single week but praise Lampard.

One is a blue, born and bred. The other is a Tory chancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.