Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodgy penalty and a deflection for the goals. But we still don’t show the necessary quality in the middle and top of the field. Gray and McNeil can’t be relied on in terms of consistent performances and Gana is not yet his old self. It’s hard to see where goals are coming from right now too. There’s some way to go, but to be fair, we are making progress and should settle more as the season goes on

Spurs weren’t great by any means, and we had 2 clear chances from 2 long hopeful balls over the top. If you ask any spurs fan (yid4life for example) he will tell you that in the majority of their matches this season, spurs have been pinned back in their own half for large chunks of their games, even against the so-called smaller teams. We couldn’t sustain any significant pressure even after going one goal down.

That is a very worrying sign.

Spurs have amassed the most amount of points at this time of the season than they ever have (or something daft). Lost 1 league game. Whatever they're doing, they're doing okay doing it.

Think it's a little bit premature to be worried about what we didnt do against them IMO. We've won 1 game away to them in decades, barely scoring in all of them.

We weren't clinical. We didn't embarrass ourselves. Made it difficult for them.

2 games in a row we have given too much respect to so called ‘big’ clubs, but both Spurs and Utd were beatable if we only played well and with some confidence. Frank still has a long way to go changing the mindset at Everton.

They're saying on sky our game plan worked and giving us praise...haha ... jesus wept.... if that's us playing well we're goosed ...anytime we play anyone half decent we just sit back and wait for them to score ... no belief , no cajones ... and even last week we scored 1st and absolutely caked ourselves .
I think this unbeaten run everyone kept going on about was a bit of over kill ... we only barely beat West ham and Southampton, and look how bad they've been this season .... we won't be far off 17th again this season , we're rubbish!!
Top 10

Anyone saying it wasn’t a pen, WTF?

Ridiculous fumble to allow Kane to get the ball and took him out with his heed.

lol

Even if he was “already on the way down”, it’s irrelevant as Pickford dived into his leg head first.

I really wonder what game some of you watch.
I expected it to be given

I just have also seen similar incidents not given.

My opinion has long been that soft penalties ruin football. The punishment is nowhere near proportionate to the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.