Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a very typical Conte team performance. I thought it was pretty comfortable without being exciting, we will probably win many games like that this season. Yes, it's not Pep or Klopp style football, but it works, and Conte's record speaks for itself.

If the cost of that is opponents lament how we aren't very good after we beat them each week, I'll take that.

Everton are easily good enough to get mid-table this season. No chance of a relegation fight IMO.

we need a progressive manager, one who is willing to work with sub-par players in order get them to learn the basics of passing and keeping the ball and building up play

can't just sit back for 90 mins against top sides, invite pressure and 20+ shots everytimie and hope to score from a counter and win 1-0

we need a progressive manager, one who is willing to work with sub-par players in order get them to learn the basics of passing and keeping the ball and building up play

can't just sit back for 90 mins against top sides, invite pressure and 20+ shots everytimie and hope to score from a counter and win 1-0

Another for the FrankOut brigade @nsno-chris

And yet, if Gray would have kicked the ball at the goal instead of the stadium roof despite being 6 yards out, we may have gotten something from the game. Then we'd all be praising "the plan" given what happened there last season.

If we lose every game to the top 6 but get 12-15 wins against the other 13 teams over the season I'd be happy. Mid table, consolidate and add more quality.

If we took our chances yesterday it could have been a different outcome. But what was pleasing is the progress since we played them in March.

Woo hoo. You won the first half. Hope that's enough to keep you up.
Were there any away fans there? I didn't notice.

Seems a bit of an odd statement that lad.

Do you really think our performance yesterday was of a side destined to go down?

Compare it to last season, where we stayed up. It was much better for me.

Spurs are a really good team currently, with a great manager. If we can play as well as we did, I sense we will pick up points against poorer teams.

I`m 43 and I`m just sick and tired of us being completely rubbish (For the want of a better word), since the Premier League started in 1992 30 seasons have gone by.

Finished in the top 4 just once
Finished in the top 6, 6 times
The other 24 seasons have been just meh
Finished 15th or below in 8 seasons
In that time Arsenal (3), Blackburn, Chelsea, Leicester, The RS, Man City (6), Man Utd (13) have all won the PL. Newcastle, Villa and Spurs have been PL Runners-Up with teams like Leeds, Norwich, Forest and Spurs (2) finishing 3rd.

Also in that time, in the FA Cup Arsenal (9), Chelsea (7), Leicester, Liverpool (3), Man City (2), Man Utd (5), Portsmouth and Wigan have all won the FA Cup. Arsenal, Villa (2), Chelsea (6), Palace, Hull, Liverpool (2), Man City, Man Utd (4), Middlesborough, Millwall, Newcastle (2), Portsmouth, Sheff Wed, Southampton, Stoke, Cardiff, Watford & West Ham have all been runners up.

In the League Cup Arsenal, Villa (2), Birmingham, Blackburn, Chelsea (4), Leicester (2), Liverpool (5), Man City (6), Man Utd (5), Middlesborough, Swansea & Spurs (2) have won the trophy. Runners-up have been Arsenal (3), Villa (2), Birmingham, Bolton, Bradford, Cardiff, Chelsea (4), Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool (2), Man Utd (2), Middlesborough (2), Notts Forest, Sheff Wed, Southampton, Sunderland, Spurs (4), Tranmere and Wigan. Yes Tranmere really have been to more League Cup finals than us in the last 30 years!

To put that in to context...... Bare in mind that in 1992 when Everton were the founding members of the Premier League we were a similar size to the "SKY 6"...

View attachment 187311

Cant see this club getting anywhere near major honours for at least another 10 years... at least.

What is the point of Everton? Teams like Middlesborough, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Wigan, Bolton and Cardiff, that is our level.

Since when is finishing in the top 6 an achievement?

Even in our worst run, we have won more major trophies (FA Cups, leagues etc) than Spurs in the last 30 years.

Sides in the championship arent at our level. When they do 70+ years in the top division, they are at our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.