2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
One has this despite inheriting Buendia Bailey Watkins Ings McGinn Douglas Luiz Martinez Konsa Mings Ramsay early on in the season and then adding Coutinho Digne Diego Carlos Dendoncker Kamara over two transfer windows

The other inherited Keane Coleman Holgate Kenny Davies Gomes Rondon a crocked Dominic Calvert-Lewin, a crocked Townsend and an unfit Richarlison, arrived mid way through the January transfer window, and then had to sell Richarlison in the summer and got given Maupay and McNeill in return with Dominic Calvert-Lewin remaining crocked.

Completely different situations which shows who the better manager is.
They're both terrible managers. World class players but utter dung coaches.

One has this despite inheriting Buendia Bailey Watkins Ings McGinn Douglas Luiz Martinez Konsa Mings Ramsay early on in the season and then adding Coutinho Digne Diego Carlos Dendoncker Kamara over two transfer windows

The other inherited Keane Coleman Holgate Kenny Davies Gomes Rondon a crocked Dominic Calvert-Lewin, a crocked Townsend and an unfit Richarlison, arrived mid way through the January transfer window, and then had to sell Richarlison in the summer and got given Maupay and McNeill in return with Dominic Calvert-Lewin remaining crocked.

Completely different situations which shows who the better manager is.

Everton finished above Villa in 20/21 and were above Villa in the table when Gerrard took the job.

Not to defend him as he's been a terrible manager there but both squads are and have been a mess and poorly assembled and coached (in Everton's case since Carlo left/or more to the point where he lost interest towards the end).

Marco Silva showing that sometimes you should give a manager just a little more time.

Not always that simple though. I've tended to back every manager we have, until it's clear the players have lost all belief. Well, that's been a common experience for us recently anyway, and it defo felt like Silva had 'lost' the players. He had to go in the end, didn't he? It certainly felt like that.

I don't get that feeling with Frank yet, but we can't go into free fall now.

Not always that simple though. I've tended to back every manager we have, until it's clear the players have lost all belief. Well, that's been a common experience for us recently anyway, and it defo felt like Silva had 'lost' the players. He had to go in the end, didn't he? It certainly felt like that.

Silva tends to be the type who does well for a year or two and then moves on. He's burnt through a lot jobs.

Or maybe some managers are just more suited to some clubs and working conditions/enviornments/expectations than others...
Carlo Ancelotti, finishes 10th at Everton.
Wins CL with Real Madrid.

Honestly, im back to us just being cursed at this point.

I mean of course we arent cursed, in case anybody thinks im quite insane.

Regards Frank, there were many, many warning signs last season, but in the end we dragged our rotten corpse across the line. Im willing to give the fella a LOT of leeway, cos at some point, we need to give somebody time.

That said, results are all that matter in this league and relegation doesnt care about YOUR feelings or leeway.

Out of them all, Silva was the only 1 I was willing to give a little more time.

But yes, he deserved the sack, just like they all have.

Status
Not open for further replies.