2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been here before
I didnt even know who we were talking about.

But me being wrong isnt even news.

They all went down eventually. Time runs out.

But they all went down after they got rid of said managers.

I mean if we are going to play that game, there are 6 teams who have turnovers that make them effectively immune from relegation (they would need a prolonged decline), the rest are on a cycle where quite quickly they can get relegated. That's the glib reality. There is a 3/14 chance that sides get relegated over long periods of time. It's probably changing a bit with the gap between championship and PL, but essentially most of those sides will eventually get relegated.

Never heard of John. Of cause, he got his jobs cos of the name. If he fails it will be because he isnt all that. He knows that. (See Bobby Charlton, Alan Ball, plenty of legends who never quite made the grade).

I happen to think he has the quality. I may be wrong.
You may be right, in fact I think and hope you are. If he does indeed have the quality, then we must keep faith in him and break this cycle of sacking manager after manager. Sometimes you just need to know when to stick or twist, I think the time has come to stick.

What concerns me is the number of shots we have conceded. I think it has been happening for quite awhile this season.

In the last few games, I see our mid won the ball when we were defending deep but turn it over quickly and thus, allowing opposition a shot.

Our backline had to put in large amount of blocks and last minute interceptions. Pickford also have to make a lot of saves. Credit to our backline and GK definitely.

I hope FL solves this - watching Fulham shoot about 20++ times against us is not good for our heart

Not all problems get sorted at once.

Our home form has picked up. Away is still problematic, we can all see, but we still need a Richarlison replacement.

Some big issues have been sorted, but glaring problems up front remain.

Getting a tight defence is always the first building block of a successful team. We now have that.

Point remains that FL has not sorted or improved anything (Iwobi by luck aside). The defence has improved cos Thelwell signed 2 seasoned pros doing what they do.

Point remains that FL has not sorted or improved anything (Iwobi by luck aside). The defence has improved cos Thelwell signed 2 seasoned pros doing what they do.
The defence is better, central midfield is better, Iwobi is a revelation, the injury crisis is abating, the fans back the team.

Honestly I see lots of good foundations to build on.

Sorting the forward positions will take investment. There is only so much that coaching can achieve. I’m sure the next focus will be the attack.

What concerns me is the number of shots we have conceded. I think it has been happening for quite awhile this season.

In the last few games, I see our mid won the ball when we were defending deep but turn it over quickly and thus, allowing opposition a shot.

Our backline had to put in large amount of blocks and last minute interceptions. Pickford also have to make a lot of saves. Credit to our backline and GK definitely.

I hope FL solves this - watching Fulham shoot about 20++ times against us is not good for our heart
This is the crux of it. But, that comes from the forward line not providing an outlet. The newcastle game in particular, the front 3 were so stationary whenever we won the ball back, gana and onana had nowhere to go abd would end up going sideways because there was zero movement ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.