2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame the injuries have done him.

Honestly reckon you could put prime Aguero up front in that team and he'd struggle though. There's no supply line, the wide areas are championship level.
Absolutely, no use blaming DCL when the midfield is non existent.

The worrying thing is, as out of touch as DCL is, we look even worse without him. I'm finally starting to agree with the posters who say we absolutely have to bring in a decent centre forward as soon as possible. I've been concerned about DCL's future since his thigh muscle tear, but, I'm more and more concerned that he will never be fully fit and firing again.

The fact we were planning to rely on him going into the opening game is still one of the most staggering things I've ever seen from the club.

I'm not sure if it was a bit of naivety or delusion or whatever, but we needed a centre forward who can play more than a couple matches before breaking down through injury.

The player, when fit, can be a game changer. But expecting him to be fit regularly is just bordering on the ridiculous at this point

Sign a replacement ASAP.

Take the pressure off the lad

Use him sparingly and off the bench

Or sell if someone puts money on the table

He cannot be our first choice 9 or we will be relegated sooner or later, due to the lack of options when he is out.

None of which accounts for his severe lack of conviction in striking a ball infront of goal unfortuantely. Not something that gets teached.
To score plenty of goals you need plenty of chances.

I ain't saying he's Ibrahimovic but every striker would struggle in this team.

A fit DCL is comfortably among our best players. Unfortunately that doesn't exist anymore.

He's done, you simply can't ignore the amount of injuries he's picking up and not replace him as a first teamer. It was beyond foolish of us in the summer to only bring a back up striker in and not a player who'd make a serious crack at being our first choice.

We need to correct that error as soon as the window opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.