2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
To score plenty of goals you need plenty of chances.

I ain't saying he's Ibrahimovic but every striker would struggle in this team.

A fit Dominic Calvert-Lewin is comfortably among our best players. Unfortunately that doesn't exist anymore.

He offers a lot, just not infront of goal 1v1, that's jsut history telling us that, not based on one chance or so.

Decent poacher close to goal but just doesn't take enough of the chacnes hes had in his everton career for me. The shots he takes are so lacklusture and a decent striker doesnt just hit it low and relatively weak everytime.

But i agree, it doesn't help that Gray seems to have a guranteeed spot despite having no football brain whatsoever. And McNeill, well, hes bang average at best, awful signing along with Maupay.

Not just DCL, we have nobody who can consistently strike a ball with conviction, nobody. Iwobi summed it up with his sitter, no faith that was hitting the back of the net despite him being a technically decent footballer.

Gordon, Gray, DCL, Maupey, Onana, Gana, McNeill (although doesnt get many shooting chances in fairness).

Only person in the squad this season who looks like he has really good technique on delivering a football is James Garner, and he can only get a bench appearance. It appears, he only came on at half-time because Gana was injured.

The fact we were planning to rely on him going into the opening game is still one of the most staggering things I've ever seen from the club.

I'm not sure if it was a bit of naivety or delusion or whatever, but we needed a centre forward who can play more than a couple matches before breaking down through injury.

The player, when fit, can be a game changer. But expecting him to be fit regularly is just bordering on the ridiculous at this point

Sign a replacement ASAP.

Take the pressure off the lad

Use him sparingly and off the bench

Or sell if someone puts money on the table

He cannot be our first choice 9 or we will be relegated sooner or later, due to the lack of options when he is out.
Just plain old competition or tactical options are good too.

We generally look better with him. And I'm a big fan of his, but he has missed some gilt edged chances recently and it's costing us. He is capable as he has shown he is, but we need someone extremely clinical with the service currently being provided.

Once again, we made very very few crosses with him on the pitch and then as soon as Maupay came on, started pinging them across.

Need a new front 3 which would allow us to manage him better because he is a good striker but takes too long to get back to fitness. We need better options/depth to go with him.

No WC for him given his injuries which is a shame for him because he was genuinely No 2 behind Kane in the Euros.

He needs a full rest. Came back to early and taped up then given a thankful task of playing upfront with no service.

We generally look better with him. And I'm a big fan of his, but he has missed some gilt edged chances recently and it's costing us. He is capable as he has shown he is, but we need someone extremely clinical with the service currently being provided.

Once again, we made very very few crosses with him on the pitch and then as soon as Maupay came on, started pinging them across.

Need a new front 3 which would allow us to manage him better because he is a good striker but takes too long to get back to fitness. We need better options/depth to go with him.
@Marius57 a natural striker is needed. An instinctive striker. We have seen over the years that DCL is not this although he can unsettle defenders and get on the end of crosses. Well used to. Think we need to move away from DCL now and get a new front line if possible

No WC for him given his injuries which is a shame for him because he was genuinely No 2 behind Kane in the Euros.

He needs a full rest. Came back to early and taped up then given a thankful task of playing upfront with no service.

He’s a write off now. Come to terms with it. He needs replacing asap.

Imagine having Mitrovic instead of this divvy.
Mentioned and recommended him in a post about 18 months ago. Could have got him for £12mill in the Championship. Was skitted at on here cos he only scored something like 3 goals in the Prem that year when Fulham were relegated. Fulham !!!!! Didnt have supply like he could have had at Everton or a top 10 side. £12 mill? you couldnt have gone wrong!

@Marius57 a natural striker is needed. An instinctive striker. We have seen over the years that Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not this although he can unsettle defenders and get on the end of crosses. Well used to. Think we need to move away from Dominic Calvert-Lewin now and get a new front line if possible
Whole new front line, and that includes a striker. But I also think DCL can offer us a lot if we are getting the ball actually into the box. We need a different type of striker so we can actually play in different ways.

Mentioned and recommended this in a post about 18 months ago. Could have got him for £12mill in the Championship. Was skitted at on here cos he only scored something like 3 goals in the Prem that year when Fulham were relegated. Fulham !!!!! Didnt have supply like he could have had at Everton or a top 10 side. £12 mill? you couldnt go wrong!
Have you watched us son

Mentioned and recommended him in a post about 18 months ago. Could have got him for £12mill in the Championship. Was skitted at on here cos he only scored something like 3 goals in the Prem that year when Fulham were relegated. Fulham !!!!! Didnt have supply like he could have had at Everton or a top 10 side. £12 mill? you couldnt go wrong!
I mentioned him 3 seasons ago...and got howled down by the clever people who think that Calvert-Lewin is a top class striker.

Whole new front line, and that includes a striker. But I also think Dominic Calvert-Lewin can offer us a lot if we are getting the ball actually into the box. We need a different type of striker so we can actually play in different ways.
We do need a different type of striker also. I would like to see us go with 2 up front and if DCL is used he would be the target man with the other picking up the second balls hopefully. We do need a striker with instinct though and guile which I believe DCL lacks

Hope he's out for the season and we sell him for what we can get next summer.

That way at least this chronic 'kin club will be forced in January to do what it should have done in the summer: FIND A REPLACEMENT FOR RICHARLISON.

Status
Not open for further replies.