Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t get behind throwing cup games.
Not on that. Also not surprised one bit by the fringe players putting in absolutely nothing for the club to show they’d serve a starting spot. Why would they, they’re the same clowns who have been shafting us for years. You just can’t rely on Keane Davies Holgate Doucoure, they’ve shown it time and time again.

I genuinely could not care less about the Carabao Cup. It's a competition for bench players that badly needs either replacing or removing entirely. I'm more disappointed that Lampard brought on first team players tbh.
This is the reason why we can't have complaints about Kenwright, cups don't matter, its fine to win nothing.

Dealing with crushing disappointment is just a matter of perspective. For example, it's Election Day here in the USA so I can be reasonably sure that this Everton performance won't be the worst result I see today, not by a long shot. Probably won't even make it into the top twenty worst results of the day.

Oddly, this fails to raise my spirits.

Don't want to overreact , as that was another game when we were utterly abysmal.
That was even worse than Newcastle , but at least then playing first teamers there.
Nearly all of our shambles tonight are former first teamers , dragged out of "storage" and on massive wages.
We should have buried them.
Utterly appalling previous recruitment , who are not being effectively managed currently.
Where is Andre Gomes at the moment ?.

About the only consolation for Frank Lampard is he has a quick chance to right this wrong and ease some of the pressure mounting on him.

Everton return to Bournemouth on Saturday and only one result will do for Lampard after his side were deservedly dumped out in last night's warm-up. It was so bad tonight.

When I saw the lineup - I knew we would concede early. Holgate, Keane, Mina, Doucs, Davies - these players represents what is wrong with our club for many years. And even before this game, these 4 players barely play 2-3 games and could not even get into our starting 11. Our current starting 11 is solid but not high flying.

Should we worried we get knock out of cup? Not really - we never really have a good cup run in years. And currently we are in transition.

But should we worry in general? YES. Because our second string clearly incapable of challenging our first 11. This season, we really need super strong characters who won't let their performance drop no matter what. Next PL game is a must win.

As I'm finding it very hard to comment on my feelings after tonight's performance, without just putting more strain on my already over burdened brain.
I am going to try and find some positives in what franks game-plan actually was tonight.

So firstly - he chose to show his critics + Benitez lovers how much improvement he has actually made ( in one window ) by reminding them with a team consisting of what he was dealt with last season.

Secondly - Same as the first regarding the players at his disposal but aimed at the board, as we are now headed towards a break with a window on the horizon.

( I wish I could believe that, but I can't even fool myself.
I mean this is Everton....

Status
Not open for further replies.