2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not defending that performance but we’ve played pretty much a settled starting 11 barring injuries.

As Lampard said in his post match interview, he has a lot of players who aren’t playing, training well and knocking on his door asking to play and being paid a lot of money by Everton. I can understand why he’d want to give them a game, if they’re not starting in EFL cup, when will they play and what are we paying them for.

Ultimately they massively let him, the fans, the club and themselves down - again.

The sooner Holgate, Mina, Keane, Davies, Doucoure are sold the better - I’m sure Frank would sell them in a heartbeat. Add Godfrey, Townsend, Rondon, Gomes to that lot as well. Even though they’re new Gray, Maupay, McNeil can join that list too. So much dross.

I want Lampard to succeed SD but my support isn't exclusive to accepting that shitshow tonight and it shouldn't be acceptable to any Evertonian.

Does he deserve to be sacked tonight? No.
Does he deserve to be criticised? 100%

If that kind of performance continues he'll lose his job in exactly the same way any manager does because defeats and unacceptable performances aren't going to keep a manager in their job.

Yesterday was an embarrassment, no words about it.

I'll back him of course, but we can't continue like this, no matter how much he says he supports us we shouldn't be losing to teams a division below us like that.

I really like him but if someone like a Tuchel or a Pochettino or a Gallardo is willing to come, then I think he has to go. We can't afford to have sentimentality right now.

Mourinho 100%.

His reputation was damaged by doomed United and spurs teams. He's been proven right with everything he said about them during his tenures with them.

Get him in and if we still have the money available give him 2 years.

Not defending that performance but we’ve played pretty much a settled starting 11 barring injuries.

As Lampard said in his post match interview, he has a lot of players who aren’t playing, training well and knocking on his door asking to play and being paid a lot of money by Everton. I can understand why he’d want to give them a game, if they’re not starting in EFL cup, when will they play and what are we paying them for.

Ultimately they massively let him, the fans, the club and themselves down - again.

The sooner Holgate, Mina, Keane, Davies, Doucoure are sold the better - I’m sure Frank would sell them in a heartbeat. Add Godfrey, Townsend, Rondon, Gomes to that lot as well. Even though they’re new Gray, Maupay, McNeil can join that list too. So much dross.
Towsend dosent deserve to be lumberd with all them imo

I feel like the last 3 matches he's been trying to get the players to keep it on the ground more, but it's like the moment "Training Move #30" isn't on our players just stop moving and finding space. We're so easy to press since our players rarely receive the ball on the half turn and every passing option is in our own half.

I really want stability but he can't keep relying on Coady/Tarkowski/Iwobi/Pickford having a 10/10 game to bail us out.

I feel like the last 3 matches he's been trying to get the players to keep it on the ground more, but it's like the moment "Training Move #30" isn't on our players just stop moving and finding space. We're so easy to press since our players rarely receive the ball on the half turn and every passing option is in our own half.

I really want stability but he can't keep relying on Coady/Tarkowski/Iwobi/Pickford having a 10/10 game to bail us out.

I think he has 2 issues to solve:

1: The defensive midfield position where hes got Gana playing as if he thinks hes Jorginho.

2: Midfield and attack balance.

In a perverse way, I think it's not a bad result.
We've always been rubbish in the league Cup and last night demonstrated that Lampard is working with very poor tools (intended) indeed.
That performance will have been noted by Thelwall but how the hell he'll shift the dross, God knows

FWIW, I think we need to give FL time

I disagreed with his team selection.
Focus on winning a trophy trumphs backup players asking to play.
Too many changes often disrupts a team as shown yesterday.
I would always play the strongest team even if I was gonna play Yeovil Town or Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.