2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think managers need time but I’m just starting to get this nagging creeping feeling that he isn’t going to make it. Before Arteta started to get things working how bad were Arsenal? Don’t remember them being this bad?

I really think managers need time but I’m just starting to get this nagging creeping feeling that he isn’t going to make it. Before Arteta started to get things working how bad were Arsenal? Don’t remember them being this bad?
Correct, arsenal weren’t this bad. Lampard isn’t good enough to manage us. He’s record speaks for itself, far too many defeats.

Morning all

good-morning-wish-goodmorning.gif

Can you blame the players really? They just aren't good enough, but they didn't buy themselves and give themselves massive contacts at Everton.

It would be like putting about 6 of us from GOT in the team then pinning the blame on us when the club got relegated.

The blame lies with:
Moshiri for persisting with Kenwright who has been nothing but an abject failure over three decades at the club.

Moshiri for his constant hiring and firing, leaving incoming managers with squads full of players bought by about 6 previous managers.

Moshiri for getting it so painfully wrong and allowing the likes of Walsh and Brands to piss over £500m up the wall. We should 100% be regular Champions League qualification contenders but are almost relegation favourites again.

Thelwall and Lampard for wasting what precious little money we had on the likes of Maupay and McNeil, and not offloading Gordon for mega money when it was so obvious we had little money left and needed proven firepower to avoid relegation.

There is no way at all that Maupay and McNeil were forced on Lampard by Thelwell, so of course Lampard has to take a lot of blame this season for having to play League Two wingers as Premier League strikers.

The brand of football we play absolutely stinks, as well.

If money is available as it should be in January, I'd give Lampard until March to turn it around. Even if we continue picking up an average of only a point a game, we wouldn't be adrift in 17th place or below by then.

If he spends on a striker and winger in January and can't take us out of the relegation fight by March, then you have to sack him in an act of desperation to try and stay up.

But there would be no real point in sacking him now if money isn't available in January, as nobody can get any more from this work woeful squad of players.
I actually agreed with lots of this. But we were never getting big money for Gordon. Not a chance we had big bids in for him.

We vastly overrated him because he worked hard but his stats weren't actually great we had 2 wingers who worked incredibly hard to support the team, we lost richie (our top scorer and best forward) and that then showed up Gordon this season as someone who works hard with limited end product. There is talent there, clearly, but only in glimpses, and the effort seems to have dropped.

Maupay is a decent 8-10 goal striker. But our wingers are so poor at creating, that he won't get near that. DCL is a 10+ if not more, if the service is right, but our service is abysmal. Hell, yesterday, Patterson was our best attacker for most of the game and he is a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.