2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I'd be one of those people to blame the fans for the state of the club and (even now I'd still put it at a distant third behind the incompetence of the owner/board and the disgraceful lack of effort from the teams most of the time) but you know what? Our fans are to blame for a great chuck of this situation. How is any manager ever supposed to turn things around if he's never given the time to do it? Lampard, his successor or his successors successor will never be able to fix and rebuild this club if they get shown the door 9 to 10 mouths into the job every single time. We've got to keep faith with someone at some point or we'll be sacking three to four managers in league two five or six years from now. I'm not saying that Lampard is above criticism, far from it (his selection last night was ludicrous!) but at what point do we stand by a boss at this club?

I never thought I'd be one of those people to blame the fans for the state of the club and (even now I'd still put it at a distant third behind the incompetence of the owner/board and the disgraceful lack of effort from the teams most of the time) but you know what? Our fans are to blame for a great chuck of this situation. How is any manager ever supposed to turn things around if he's never given the time to do it? Lampard, his successor or his successors successor will never be able to fix and rebuild this club if they get shown the door 9 to 10 mouths into the job every single time. We've got to keep faith with someone at some point or we'll be sacking three to four managers in league two five or six years from now. I'm not saying that Lampard is above criticism, far from it (his selection last night was ludicrous!) but at what point do we stand by a boss at this club?

I wouldn't take the posters on this forum as a good sample of the match going fans.

this. and it starts now leave lampard alone you cretins

He gave the fringe players a run out - like most EPL clubs do these days and they weren't up to it.

He's an intelligent bloke - he knows the players last night aren't good enough and nearly relegated us last season. He addressed it in the summer and deserves to address it in January.

At the start of the season we accepted this is a team in transition with (hopefully) a long term manager, with a long term plan that includes replacing the concoction of players bought from past managerial failures. All while on a far, far smaller budget than his predecessors.

We need to stick with him and this team, while remembering the above IMO.

Last night was rough on the us fans though - especially the ones who travelled all that way.

COYB.

He gave the fringe players a run out - like most EPL clubs do these days and they weren't up to it.

He's an intelligent bloke - he knows the players last night aren't good enough and nearly relegated us last season. He addressed it in the summer and deserves to address it in January.

At the start of the season we accepted this is a team in transition with (hopefully) a long term manager, with a long term plan that includes replacing the concoction of players bought from past managerial failures. All while on a far, far smaller budget than his predecessors.

We need to stick with him and this team, while remembering the above IMO.

Last night was rough on the us fans though - especially the ones who travelled all that way.

COYB.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who are you to tell anybody they are not BLUE.
People are worried about the club and have every right to voice whatever there views may be.
It's not a fk boy band fan club you can get thrown out off for saying the lead singer looks a bit of quilt, and the kid of Holly oaks looks a better snog.
Go to bed wake up and embrace you fellow blues in the morning.

i am ME. sacking a manager every 5
mins when he’s not had his time to build

is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.