2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try and cash in; his stock will never be higher

What would his transfer value be now?

I’ll get pelters for it but I still don’t see it with him.

At best he’s a number 10 who can take a shot from distance and can slide a through ball now and again.

He has good moments in matches absolutely, with end product as well undeniably, and he’s definitely our best option in there.

The rest of the time though I just see a player with a poor first touch, who takes too long to make his mind up what to do with the ball, can be really sloppy in possession, doesn’t make the play.

For me he’s the guy waiting for a real midfielder to move the pieces around the board and then he’ll add the finishing touch whether that’s a pass or a shot. We’re giving it to him from the centre backs and he has absolutely no idea what to do with it that deep.

He’s just not a midfielder in my view but at the moment he’s playing better than anyone else we have in there.

For me I’d go Onana and Garner deep in a two and put Iwobi behind the front three.

Id do the same...Gana/Doucoure to come in as rotation options to tighten games up.

He needs help both in people capitalising on them but also other players creating them. Most sides on this list have 2-3 players present.

100% need much more contribution from others - where are Gordon and Gray or Onana who have all started a lot of games.need more from fullbacks as well.

25 chances isn’t a very meaningful stat, it tells you nothing about the quality of the chance being created. We’re creating very few big chances a game, quality not quantity.

I think iwobi has improved but I still think James was a better #10. That guys vision was impeccable

There no thinking about it, James was streets and streets and streets and streets ahead of Iwobi and the rest of all the Everton teams put together in the last 5 years.

A half fit James is still better than anything else we've seen in years

Status
Not open for further replies.