2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of a bad bunch today, gave him MoM for what it’s worth - great ball for DCL and he had to score that chance. Sort of chance we don’t create enough for our forwards. Few other nice passes/touches but faded second half. Should have scored early on when DCL set him up, really poor effort and has to be scoring.

He’s good enough for where the team is now, is he good enough if we want to be a European placed team, not sure. Would swap him for Maddison in a second.

Our fanbase (online at least) have embarrassed themselves with their exaggerated praising of Iwobi. Acting like he's one of the best in the league ?. That miss was just typical of an Everton player.

However, I do think he's improved massively and have a lot of time for him at the moment. He's being let down by the others around him as he's been covering the ground and always trying to make things happen.

He's a good player but people need to realise the context of being a stand out player in a worse than mediocre team..

Our fanbase (online at least) have embarrassed themselves with their exaggerated praising of Iwobi. Acting like he's one of the best in the league ?. That miss was just typical of an Everton player.

However, I do think he's improved massively and have a lot of time for him at the moment. He's being let down by the others around him as he's been covering the ground and always trying to make things happen.

He's a good player but people need to realise the context of being a stand out player in a worse than mediocre team..
Agree, pretty much what I think as well.

Totally agree. He has improved and is now a decent enough player.

But it's typical Everton fans that go overboard when they don't pull up trees and overboard when they do well for a short while. I had a bloke on twitter get so angry with me because I dared suggest he wouldn't get into a top 6 team...

Agree...Great player right now but on the edge of the box striking the ball my money will always be on maddison or tielemans to score. He needs to be more ruthless in front of goal and that side of the game still need huge improvement. But yes...right now our only player capable of doing something at least.

I haven't seen too many people stating this apart from Lampard.
His improvement has been brilliant and he is now finding consistency and is now a good player. One of the best we have but not one of the best in the league. I feel majority of Evertonians echo that sentiment.

Did you just put that statement in for effect?

Totally agree. He has improved and is now a decent enough player.

But it's typical Everton fans that go overboard when they don't pull up trees and overboard when they do well for a short while. I had a bloke on twitter get so angry with me because I dared suggest he wouldn't get into a top 6 team...
There are only like 10 players or so outside of that group that actually get into it tbf.

100%
But it doesnt take much for the fanbase to go over the top about our players. Cant blame them sometimes because there is so much dross.

Agree...Great player right now but on the edge of the box striking the ball my money will always be on maddison or tielemans to score. He needs to be more ruthless in front of goal and that side of the game still need huge improvement. But yes...right now our only player capable of doing something at least.
He doesn't because that isn't his game. He's done well tonight relatively speaking. He missed the chance but that balances out the United goal.

He doesn't because that isn't his game. He's done well tonight relatively speaking. He missed the chance but that balances out the United goal.
But the guy is getting paid big bucks and probably asking for 100kplus on his new contract...I would want to see more end product at that price. Running and putting a big shift that's great and would expect it from every single player on the pitch. His passing and especially his building play has been good too...but that end product is still his achille heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.