Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise up.

If it wasn’t for the fans we would have went diwn last season,

And it looks like we are going to have to work the same miracle this season.

We probably wouldn’t have been in such a perilous situation if it wasn’t for the fans.

Everton must be the worst club in the league to play for in terms of abuse, we’ve lost players like Barkley over it in the past, would dread to think how many signings we’ve missed out due to it.

The way the away support have been treated over the last 4 days is nothing short of a disgrace

After last season, as a player how could you not want to run through a brick wall for this support. And as a manager, why would you not want to do absolutely everything within your control to give them an enjoyable trip.

I have no real words for what had happened this week. The club is just broken. The reaction of the fans is understandable (obviously if there was anything physical happened then absolutely not ok) and they deserved to be booed off. Every single one of them.

I don't know what the players are going over to fans for. What do they expect them to do?

Tell them not to worry, conceding 7 in a week to Bournemouth could happen to anyone.

Indulge them by taking their shirts + singing after 2 x 10 hour journeys + dropping hundreds to watch that junk.

They caused that reaction.
I tend to agree. It was bizarre that they seemed to expect a warm reaction from the travelling fans.

You can see from their body language and the expressions on their faces that SOME of the players were close to ashamed of that loss: Coleman, Gana and Patterson all looked genuinely upset.

Pickford however, just struck completely the wrong tone. God knows what he was trying to achieve.

Hopefully the players do the right thing and reimburse the costs incurred by all the travelling fans.

We probably wouldn’t have been in such a perilous situation if it wasn’t for the fans.

Everton must be the worst club in the league to play for in terms of abuse, we’ve lost players like Barkley over it in the past, would dread to think how many signings we’ve missed out due to it.

I dont think Barkley is an example of that personally.

I do agree to some extend, was only what, 7 months ago the fans put their pride aside and backed them regardless. Now back to this, ON the flipside of that, you cant keep putting in a half-arsed effort every week and expect the people PAYING with time and money to clap you off. It's a two-way street. Iwobi's mistake against United when Ronaldo scored, wasn't made a big deal out of it because he puts a shift in and contributes.

Before those 7 months, playing for Everton can't have been that appealing. Players talk, former players will talk about what it's like and it will be off-putting. Over time we've got worse and worse, mroe players who have experienced it, the bigger that feeds around. Plaers from the Moyes era will say it's great, go for it, they're great. Players from Benitez, Martinez era, not so much.

For the sake of playing Devil's advocate, if Leics didn't reportedly have to meet a £10m pay off they may very well have given Rodgers the boot a fair few weeks back.

As for FL resigning - no chance. He wants to be a Prem manager and jumping ship now at the club who has given him a shot is not a good look. Much better to have the narrative that he's just the latest manager to be victim of lunatic owner and awful recruitment, working with his hands tied, in an impossible job etc.
You’re probably right

Hope they spend the break practising ten yard passes under no pressure. I, for one, would love to see us complete a few of them.

Maybe a bit more passing it across the back too. If we could get our stats up in that, we might not be the worst in the league at something.

Status
Not open for further replies.