2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate, no one cam deny that. But the point I'm trying to make is HOW do we seem to constantly end up questioning the players mentality / professionalism?

What is it about Everton FC since season 2 Martinez where players and managers have ended up making comments hinting at such problems?

That's a long period of time to consistently have such problems.
There must be something or someone inside the club that makes this happen, We blame the players we sack managers, we offload dead wood and still we seem to be in the same place! It’s almost like we sign someone and Bill and Co say “you’re one us now, take it easy, no pressure and enjoy”

There must be something or someone inside the club that makes this happen, We blame the players we sack managers, we offload dead wood and still we seem to be in the same place! It’s almost like we sign someone and Bill and Co say “you’re one us now, take it easy, no pressure and enjoy”
I think the answer is quite simple.

Players on astronomical wages with no pressure to achieve anything. They think they are far too good to go down and only realise they need to fight and battle when we're already in a mess.

How do you build a culture with that mentality?

Poor strategic decision making, recruitment (not just players), inconsistency in decision making and approach at all levels...

You end up with an unholy mess.

100% mate. There's nothing we've done right as a club for 30 years (in fact the only thing we got right was the appointment of Moyes and that's thanks to Walter Smith)

Players on astronomical wages with no pressure to achieve anything. They think they are far too good to go down and only realise they need to fight and battle when we're already in a mess.

I agree to a certain extent about the wages but City and Liverpool for instance manage to get their players to fight week in week out!

It’s a culture that comes from the training ground imo, is training taken seriously enough by some players? Do they have the correct mentality? Do they want to achieve anything in their careers or just make money?

I agree to a certain extent about the wages but City and Liverpool for instance manage to get their players to fight week in week out!

It’s a culture that comes from the training ground imo, is training taken seriously enough by some players? Do they have the correct mentality? Do they want to achieve anything in their careers or just make money?
The mentality of the players is important, however it’s also the responsibility of the manager and coaches to instil a culture of success.

Are the right leadership values there?

Last edited:

I reckon our players just aren’t as good as everyone else’s.

You have seen the way Klopp behaves on the sidelines of games, I can only imagine what he is like if players don't pull their weight on the training ground screaming in their ears, probably chases them about on a quad bike. Comes down to mentality and sports psychology in the end, do we even have a sports psychologist at the club?

All the training ground videos are players laughing and smiling, coaches joking around with them.
If Frank and his team have a plan it should be getting drilled into them every single session until they start implementing it on the pitch.
Have yet to see any players getting a bollocking and that includes during the game.
Successful managers demand the best from their players every single time, the mentality around our club is so defeatist that we just take it on the chin when individuals constantly underperform.
Keeping it on track if Coady starts calling out players during and after games im all for it.

I reckon our players just aren’t as good as everyone else’s.
Yes and no mate

I seen Bournemouths team and thought I wouldn’t take a single player of them and put them in our team, then I see that they just do the basics well, pass and move, confident on the ball in tight spaces, first time passes, knowing what they’re going to do before receiving the ball.

Yes and no mate

I seen Bournemouths team and thought I wouldn’t take a single player of them and put them in our team, then I see that they just do the basics well, pass and move, confident on the ball in tight spaces, first time passes, knowing what they’re going to do before receiving the ball.

Brighton and Fulham do that well also.

But I will say they've been a team longer.

I like Coady, but I don’t know why he feels the need to come out and say stuff in the press all the time.
Like said before he’s contracted, but captain Pickford had just been aggroing with the fans so not the best person to stick in front of a live broadcast.

The only way to stop it is either walk away from contract negotiations when it gets over a certain amount or fine the players their wages when they don’t play well

All the training ground videos are players laughing and smiling, coaches joking around with them.
If Frank and his team have a plan it should be getting drilled into them every single session until they start implementing it on the pitch.
Have yet to see any players getting a bollocking and that includes during the game.
Successful managers demand the best from their players every single time, the mentality around our club is so defeatist that we just take it on the chin when individuals constantly underperform.
Keeping it on track if Coady starts calling out players during and after games im all for it.
Tbf no managers do that on pitch and haven’t for decades, not since Sky took over the game. The managers show more fire to officials than they do their own players

Basically players are a bit thick and need coaching and being told what to do and where to be on the pitch, Frank comes across like a big brother and someone who wants everyone to like him. Players need to be coached individually and told what is required within the team. You only have to look at the difference between players under Brucey and Howe,

Tbf no managers do that on pitch and haven’t for decades, not since Sky took over the game. The managers show more fire to officials than they do their own players
So you havent watched Fergie, Wenger Mourinho, and now Pep, Klopp nor Conte go mad on the sidelines when a player isnt following instructions and berate them?
Top managers still do it openly, maybe not as much as yesteryear but still regularly, because they are driven to win.
We are happy taking part.
Complete different mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.