2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you havent watched Fergie, Wenger Mourinho, and now Pep, Klopp nor Conte go mad on the sidelines when a player isnt following instructions and berate them?
Top managers still do it openly, maybe not as much as yesteryear but still regularly, because they are driven to win.
We are happy taking part.
Complete different mentality.
Ferguson would save the ‘hairdryer’ for the dressing room, Wenger got more angry with his coat or refs than shout at his players on pitch, Mourinho the same with extra card waving

Ferguson would save the ‘hairdryer’ for the dressing room, Wenger got more angry with his coat or refs than shout at his players on pitch, Mourinho the same with extra card waving
Each one of them set a standard throughout their clubs that players had to adhere to both at training and matchdays, and they hated losing.
Nowadays even though less vocal, the Pep's and Conte's are authoritative constantly.
We havent had that since Moyes.
We lose and the boss will find ways of talking a good game.
Managers nowadays have massive PR advice on what to say/not say to protect themselves and the lucrative contracts that get paid up when they are deemed not good enough.
IMO our club needs a manager that brings a winning mentality first and foremost, we appreciate hard work and effort as minimum and too many managers have let players away for far too long not bringing this.
What ive seen from Coady on the pitch so far suggests he should have the armband when we sign him in the summer ?

The players have heaped the pressure on themselves against Wolves, not just Coady from what he said. Even if he hadn't had said anything, the pressure would have been ramped up due to the lack of desire and effort the last 7 days.

There's a core at Everton that is still rotten and it needs cutting out. Cut out as much as can in January otherwise we might not be so lucky this season in avoiding relegation.
You're right Mac, there's something just not right there and that has been the case for a few years now. There seems to be a bit of a holiday camp attitude among some of the players.

Yes mate, no one cam deny that. But the point I'm trying to make is HOW do we seem to constantly end up questioning the players mentality / professionalism?

What is it about Everton FC since season 2 Martinez where players and managers have ended up making comments hinting at such problems?

That's a long period of time to consistently have such problems.
We just blame everything on mentality. Every bad run sees people saying the players are phoning it in, not trying etc. Under moyes it was that they were bottlers, since then it’s that they want to get managers sacked. It’s just a convenient catch all excuse for us being crap really.

We just blame everything on mentality. Every bad run sees people saying the players are phoning it in, not trying etc. Under moyes it was that they were bottlers, since then it’s that they want to get managers sacked. It’s just a convenient catch all excuse for us being crap really.
I think the Moyes era think was different. The critique was it stemmed from not having a go enough. Arguably stemming from Moyes.

More recently its seemed to be about the players professionalism or lack of character.

I think you are right though, its only part of it. But put poor management and tactics or poor players wedded to poor attitude or defeatistism, then it is a problem.

Last edited:

Combination of a few things. Most def have had a fair share who dont have winning mentality. I dont think Roy Keane was the greatest of players but he wanted to win so much it hurt. Even at Forest.
But i would say a high percentage is just not good enough/crap.

He might be for all we know.

I like what he said tbh. It is too easy to play for us. You play for that team as a passenger with no consequence as there is no competition

Its all been said before.
If they want to prove something they need to leave it all on the pitch.
Anyone not doing that- Niasse them.

Yes and no mate

I seen Bournemouths team and thought I wouldn’t take a single player of them and put them in our team, then I see that they just do the basics well, pass and move, confident on the ball in tight spaces, first time passes, knowing what they’re going to do before receiving the ball.

That’s what I mean, basically I guess “better”.

Nothing against the lads personally, it’s just maybe that’s reality.

They are better than I was or will ever be, but the standard is in the competition, and the competition are pulling our players pants down a bit. Sad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.