2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means nothing when all he was doing was bringing utter toxicity to the club, sadly that’s creeping back in in some quarters
Isn`t that what happens when clubs are in the spot we are in...

I`m just flabbergasted that the Lampard supporters on here will blame the board, DoF, players and literally anything bar the person that sets the team up and selects the players.

IMO the board got it right in the summer with the aid of Cahill in setting up a structure and seeing a DoF and head of coach education and the majority have praised the board in this approach. It is widely accepted that Thelwell and Lampard have had free reign to "get on with things" yet here we are, the manager has lost control and the supporters are blaming the board...

I don`t get it, the blame lies solely on the guy who cant get the results....

I`m just flabbergasted that the Lampard supporters on here will blame the board, DoF, players and literally anything bar the person that sets the team up and selects the players.

IMO the board got it right in the summer with the aid of Cahill in setting up a structure and seeing a DoF and head of coach education and the majority have praised the board in this approach. It is widely accepted that Thelwell and Lampard have had free reign to "get on with things" yet here we are, the manager has lost control and the supporters are blaming the board...

I mean why on earth would you not blame the board for the position we’re in?

I mean why on earth would you not blame the board for the position we’re in?
The board is a longer term issue and absolutely they should go but the feeling amongst fans was don`t interfere, was it not?

They`ve set the structure which almost all fans liked and the persons being brought in to that structure...

Lets get it right they have been hands off this season....

Again....

Kendall

SAF

Arteta

The board is a longer term issue and absolutely they should go but the feeling amongst fans was don`t interfere, was it not?

They`ve set the structure which almost all fans liked and the persons being brought in to that structure...

Lets get it right they have been hands off this season....

Kevin Thelwell the director of football, signed Dwight McNeil and Neal Maupay. He is absolutely part of the problem.

It’s absolutely inevitable imo. It’s clear he isn’t the type of manager who can get a tune out of an utterly abysmal set of players. It’s sad that it has to end this way but for me it definitely is the end now, I don’t see him turning it around. Do we trust our wonderful owner to have a plan in place for when the time comes and he pulls the trigger? I’ll let you be the judge of that one.
I certainly don’t

He’s not completely faultless, no one’s ever said that, but it’s more than him at fault, it’s the club as a whole, sacking him isn’t going to fix that because 6-12 months time we’ll be back here again when another manager’s gone because fans grow inpatient

We either stick with him, back him in January and let him try and turn it around or we sack him and get someone else but give him the time, and I mean a long time, to sort EVERYTHING, not wet ourselves after a few bad results otherwise we’ll never come off the carousel

WC break has c0me at a good time, 5 weeks to end this shabite run.

However, we need a focus up front, the reality is, we aren't signing a 15 goal a season striker in our position in January. It aint happening. Right now, I'd settle for a player who can add focus up top, hold the ball up until our midfield can get up with play. Points will come from a defence that isn't under as much pressure going back to being tighter and conceding fewer, and some goals will come from midfield. Without a focus up top, it comes straight back and we never get off the back foot.

Oh and play the kids who are hungry for success, not the deadbeats who have proven time and again they parent the answer

Perhaps not what we thought we were getting, the same as the manager, get shot of both! No way should 2 people with the knowledge of these two be signing them off.....
We chose to go with a rookie manager and a rookie DoF so as @MikeH72 said THAT comes back to the boardroom again. The majority of our issues whether on pitch or off pitch come back to them, Moshiri who was just a front for Usmanov, Kenwright who should have been booted down the road years ago and DBB who is the most invisible CEO of any known organisation in the known universe, so much so that her office has become a store room by all accounts.

It’s absolutely inevitable imo. It’s clear he isn’t the type of manager who can get a tune out of an utterly abysmal set of players. It’s sad that it has to end this way but for me it definitely is the end now, I don’t see him turning it around. Do we trust our wonderful owner to have a plan in place for when the time comes and he pulls the trigger? I’ll let you be the judge of that one.
It doesn't get better after stuff like yesterday.

But changing manager solves little either.

So we're in deep trouble.

I dont care if he's sacked or not. He's made mistakes in the last month that few managers at this level make. We have a bad squad but there is no excuse to be this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.