2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's dealing with years of gross mismanagement + negligence. He was never going to turn it around in one transfer window

It would be hard for Guardian, Conte, Klopp to turn things around, never mind an inexperienced coach.

Going into season without striker was suicidal + we essentially wrote off first 4-5 games.

I didn't expect the wheels to fall off so spectacularly after Fulham and he needs to stop with 'we played quite well against Leicester' stuff. It's insulting our intelligence.

Replace one donkey targetman in Rondon and one perma-crocked semi-targetman in Dominic Calvert-Lewin with a useless plank of Wood that probably has about 4 goals this calendar year. Honestly can't decide if that's just one of a thousand regular lunatic shouts or if it's oddly a somewhat plausible idea in Evertonworld.
On Maupays showings mate, and in fairness Mcneils he can't be any worse a punt. In fairness to Maupay though for some manic reason he's being played in a role he doesn't do......hence my shout on Wood who at least is a no9/target man.

Can anyone tell me what lampards philosophy was before joining Everton and what it is now?

I know what he said his philosophy was and that is completely different to what I see on the pitch.....
Possession based attacking football, using youth where he can.
He tried it for about 6 games here and ended up getting a few hammerings, so resorted to a Dyche-like approach. Think the players have lost that bit of war mentality which that semi-work, though.

Would like to see him bringing more youth through.

Who did a better job then Lampard is doing

Why do you have such a love fetish for Benitez?

Theres nothing likeable about him and hes set the club back a long long way.

Come on lads, not nice seeing two respected posters who I enjoy readings posts from argue because of the crap we are being dished up once more. Everton now seem to divide fans so much it's so sad. It was never like this.

As it stands at this exact time, this is the worst Everton team I've witnessed in my entire life and they do not deserve the support they get as they've not earned it. Harsh but the proof is in the league table and forfeiting a Caraboa place. Wretched stuff so far. That's all I have to go on sadly, facts.

We lost to Leicester and Bournemouth after tonking palace and drawing with Fulham.

Hardly the end of the world seeing as we never win whem Bournemouth are at home.

Plenty of reasons why Lampard sent the cup side out.

Nowhere near as bad as under Benitez. Seen far far worse under the likes of Allardyce and Walker to name just two.

Who scores the goals?
Clearly there is something in this system which restricts our attacking side, it seems like we are always worried by the counter attack....

In short we play too defensively and we need to loosen the shackles. Getting players in the box would be a good start.....

There’s a common denominator as to why we have become a nothing but a fixture over the past couple of decades! He has a large head and has eyebrows like your first big fat stripe.

Throwing money away like we have been is the reason why Benitez had not much to spend and Lampard having to sell our best player to stay within PL rules.

We are shambolic off the pitch and not much better on it at the minute but the root cause is in the boardroom, we can’t have different managers and different players and still get the same outcome. Whether Thelwell and Lampard are the right men to take us forward remains to be seen but the failings from the top essentially gets deflected onto the managers who then get the bullet and round and round we go.

Clearly there is something in this system which restricts our attacking side, it seems like we are always worried by the counter attack....

In short we play too defensively and we need to loosen the shackles. Getting players in the box would be a good start.....

So you dont actually know who scores in this team...

You want a new manager but dont see where the goals come from.

Thats bizarre.

No manager can suddenly turn these guys into goal machines

Honestly I’d try playing a few games without Gray, Gordon and McNeil, utilise Patterson and Vinagre as wing players with two strikers and Iwobi as a 10

Whoever the manager is after the break, I don’t see where these elusive goals are going to come from to ensure our survival.

We sold our most potent goal threat and talisman in the summer and failed to replace him because we’re financially goosed. That isn’t going to change by January.

Whoever the manager is after the break, I don’t see where these elusive goals are going to come from to ensure our survival.

We sold our most potent goal threat and talisman in the summer and failed to replace him because we’re financially goosed. That isn’t going to change by January.

I still maintain that we could’ve left Maupay and McNeil at their respective clubs and spent £35m on a good forward or winger.

Then the 2 players who most of our fan base pin their hopes on DCL and Gordon who both offer us nothing but false hope need to be sold, that’s if anyone stupid enough would offer us money for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.