2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
At destroying people’s spirits and our attacking output, I agree. There was absolutely no need for him to flog Rodriguez and Digne and replace them with Gray and Townsend

The man was no good for this club, yet still has his brown nosers like yourself who take great delight in what he done
He didnt flog Rodrigez, he threw his hand in on us the previous season, and Lucas had been rubbish under Carlo too and we have upgraded on him.

I agree he shouldnt of been here, but thats on the mess Moshiri made of the club

Maupay I don’t mind, McNeil we should have left and got Brereton-Diaz

Maupay was bought as a squad player. We need to stop buying players to be squad players, that’s exactly how we end up getting worse every year. We need to start buying players to improve the first team, not to be backups to the crap that’s in the first team.

Maupay was bought as a squad player. We need to stop buying players to be squad players, that’s exactly how we end up getting worse every year. We need to start buying players to improve the first team, not to be backups to the crap that’s in the first team.
That’s what I mean mate, Diaz/AN Other as main striker, Maupay as back up with a third option. We ended up doing the middle first without considering the former or latter

Honestly I’d try playing a few games without Gray, Gordon and McNeil, utilise Patterson and Vinagre as wing players with two strikers and Iwobi as a 10
I hate our wingers. All 3 devoid of quality and end product. Wouldn't have any of them in the side tbh. 442 diamond or 4312; either way if we have 2 fit strikers at any given moment, get them on the pitch. Only DCL is barely half decent at operating solo, and he's perpetually broken. One of FL's biggest failings is that he's rarely willing to change from the ineffective 433 with two of the three usual suspects starting out wide, offering nothing. Same every week.

Both players wanted to stay, the latter especially
All well and good him wanting to stay, but he wsnt good enough, and James wasnt even interested in being here when he was here, he couldnt even be bothered about playing the last game of the season, was more interested in his jet and instagram followers.

Besides all that we need to save the wages he was bleeding from us, again thanks to the mess Moshiri has made
All your diong is trying to deflect away from todays problems, its not gong to work, we have real problems now, that need to be fixed, playing the blame game is pointless

Probably has 3 games to save his job. I don’t subscribe to this we can’t keep sacking managers. We may have to even though I do like Lampard. The problem I see is he cannot play possession football with this squad who have no creativity or attack. We really have to get our January targets sorted asap. Another forward is a must and good wide players who can score goals.

So you dont actually know who scores in this team...

You want a new manager but dont see where the goals come from.

Thats bizarre.

No manager can suddenly turn these guys into goal machines
You`ve only got to look at last season, Burnley were all but gone under Dyche but then Jackson took over, his reuslts....

D West Ham 1-1
W Southampton 2-0
W Wolves 1-0
Won Watford 2-1
L Villa 3-1 His only loss and the result that took them down....

In 5 games he picked up 10 of their 35 points

Same applies, a better tactical approach can bring goals, look at the way Leeds score....

Probably has 3 games to save his job. I don’t subscribe to this we can’t keep sacking managers. We may have to even though I do like Lampard. The problem I see is he cannot play possession football with this squad who have no creativity or attack. We really have to get our January targets sorted asap. Another forward is a must and good wide players who can score goals.
Problem is we give him 3 games, we give him the window, if we then sack him a new manager has to work with players he didnt want, then come the summer we need a big turn over in staff, you dont give windows to managers who are failing. If we dont sack him now he has to see out the season

We could and should have done that, but we chose to spend what little money was available on two middling players instead for whatever reason.
The 'reason' quite simply comes down to those two lads were available for a small-ish fee up front, and our other targets were obviously not attaintable for the finances we had available. It will probably be a similar story next summer.

You`ve only got to look at last season, Burnley were all but gone under Dyche but then Jackson took over, his reuslts....

D West Ham 1-1
W Southampton 2-0
W Wolves 1-0
Won Watford 2-1
L Villa 3-1 His only loss and the result that took them down....

In 5 games he picked up 10 of their 35 points

Same applies, a better tactical approach can bring goals, look at the way Leeds score....

Ferguson mini run in 19/20 also a good guide. Took over a team like this one who couldn't score and were shipping loads of goals and straight away led them to a win over Chelsea and draw at Man. United with a few tweaks (think that was first time DCL had played central as part of a two).

Only issue now is how late you wait until you make a change, I think bar losing to Wolves Lampard will get to mid January. Can't be leaving things until March.

So when do we stop being poor? Are we still unable to splash the cash because of FFP or is that no longer as much of an issue compared to big daddy Usmanov no longer being involved??

Status
Not open for further replies.