Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez' final season was one of ridiculously fine margins, but he could not hold onto a result.

Being 2-0 against Bournemouth only for them to make it 2-2 in the final 10 mins. Score what should be the winner on 95min, they equalise on 98th.

Being 3-2 up against Stoke only for them to score twice in the last 10 mins to win 4-3.

Scoring what should've been a 90th min winner against Chelsea for 3-2 only for Terry's ridiculous equaliser on the 98th min not to be disallowed. 3-3.

Being 2-0 up against West Ham with them scoring 3 times in the final 12 mins including a 90th min winner.

In honor of this ridiculous thread, I voted for Benitez

if people can't see our struggles, big picture, are ultimately down to the Board and players on the pitch, I'm not sure what I can tell you

Is Frank perfect? No. But I don't see another manager coming in here and magically making us play great footy and challenging top half.

Ronaldo as player manager with Big Nev.
download (13).jpeg
2_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-WEB-MUST-CALL-FOR-PRICING-Former-Brazilian-footballer-Ronaldo-Luis-Nazario-De-...jpg

I'm not sure they're match fit

Martinez' final season was one of ridiculously fine margins, but he could not hold onto a result.

Being 2-0 against Bournemouth only for them to make it 2-2 in the final 10 mins. Score what should be the winner on 95min, they equalise on 98th.

Being 3-2 up against Stoke only for them to score twice in the last 10 mins to win 4-3.

Scoring what should've been a 90th min winner against Chelsea for 3-2 only for Terry's ridiculous equaliser on the 98th min not to be disallowed. 3-3.

Being 2-0 up against West Ham with them scoring 3 times in the final 12 mins including a 90th min winner.
That West Ham game was some of the worst game management I've ever seen. We were down to 10 men but 2 up and relatively comfortable and he took off a midfielder to throw on another striker (Niasse IIRC).

I will also never forget the Kiev game that season. That was nothing to do with bad luck and everything to do with a complete lack of organisation and tactical awareness

I have always and continue to have deep questions on Frank having been a wise hire or an additive manager. And the lists of better managers currently available that could replace him I think exist. But I also think those coaches wouldnt be on the boards shortlist. Along with the possibility of a downturn in form existing from a shake up regardless of me not thinking Lampard is a longterm fit.

Obviously the WC offers almost a second preseason so there is grounds to make a change now. In the same token I think more names will be available post Qatar from the Int'l pool (although how many names worth intrigue idk?) If they had sense I would welcome Pepe Bordalas or Adi Hütter tomorrow and not really think twice. Removed of less then a handful of choices I don't trust the board to attract someone currently in a job or hire a clear improvement. All that makes me think they likely would be wise to wait as long as possible for the possibility of changing in the Summer with a larger pool of options unless we linger in the relegation zone.

With Eddie Howe's current success at Newcastle and our inevitable relegation under Frank, I will remind everybody of my posts few years back on Eddie Howe:

Apparently I'm the troll WUM though.

With Eddie Howe's current success at Newcastle and our inevitable relegation under Frank, I will remind everybody of my posts few years back on Eddie Howe:

Apparently I'm the troll WUM though.
Nice work, you got called a WUM when your right and people have no factual come backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.